Original topic:

UI 4.1 - recent apps replaced with recommended apps... fix?

(Topic created on: 03-23-2022 05:46 AM)
inorga
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone else have their recent apps replaced with recommended apps with no remedy in the latest UI update? I constantly use the recent apps because there are a few apps I use all the time, but now it seems that I don't have that option anymore, and it only gives me a listing for stock apps from Samsung that I never use... I've gone through the settings, in the logical places, but it appears I don't have a proper option to change this... It just allows me to use recommended apps or not have anything show up when I hit the recents button... is there a remedy for this?
127 Comments
bdbobo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same complaint

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We suggest you to perform wipe cache partition and check if the recent apps are working.

Below are the steps to perform clear cache partition.

1.Turn off the unit.

2.Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button. When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).

3.Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition".

4.Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted.

5.Press the Power button to reboot the unit.

0 Likes
inorga
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It's not the actual app tiles that I was referring to, but the 4 icons for apps along the bottom... I used to have the four most recent apps that I'd used there, so it was a quick swipe up and tap to access them, and there's only a few apps that I use often enough, and these were almost always accessible here... now I have 4 stock Samsung apps... Settings I rarely use, calendar and clock I never use (I was actually considering removing them via ADB) and Gallery, which I may not even look at daily...Screenshot_20220323-193914_One UI Home_20744_1648078754.jpg
Shannalee101
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Having the same issue. Tried this fix and it did not help at all. This is a terrible update. 

jridge2216
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

This is a ridiculous suggestion. It worked fine before. Fix what was changed in the update.

Gammafilter
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

It's not a caching or transient problem.   The Reccents feature is flat broke.   If you pick an app like calculator  on a phone with the new ui that app is then replaced by another random app.

The app that appear seem to only be apps listed in "choose apps to search in"

Screenshot_20220410-080353_Finder.jpg

Members_nLDqUiE
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm sorry, but that's a terrible suggestion. The issue isn't with the cached app tiles, it's something fundamental that was broken with the last update. The recommended apps bar at the bottom of the recent apps page no longer works. It only displays four useless Samsung apps, not the apps most commonly opened by the user as it's supposed to.

Telling people to mess with their device at the system level to fix a non-existent issue is just irresponsible.

Please note readers: this suggested action won't fix the problem. Don't do it.

Cesarlamega
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Please report it. Its very frustrating for us

0 Likes
MikeS1169
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I noticed this too, then started wondering if I was crazy and misremembering how this has behaved on my Galaxy phones for years. I think those icons were the 4 most recently closed apps, weren't they? While the larger horizontal scroll group above is recent apps that are still open.