Original topic:

Why i see bandings or broken colors shades everywhere,is this hardware(S24Ultra)

(Topic created on: 03-24-2024 01:14 PM)
DrMandeep
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,
This is my second s24 ultra, with even more grainy display than before.
But had same banding issue, is this hardware or its in all s24 ultra?

Someone please explain.. thanks.

Edit. Looks like video not working here. Posting link. https://www.veed.io/view/1ea19639-cd5f-4c92-b527-a121a772f554?panel=share

8 Comments
Audiovue
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
That's the video whaling issue not the s24
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Banding like that is typically cause by insufficient resolution in the image. What's the resolution of your image?
0 Likes
DrMandeep
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Its 2184x1008, but this isnt happening on my iphone and pixel 8.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Sorry - my terminology was wrong. I meant colour depth. Usually you'll see image info that will show resolution and colour depth, such as 1920x1080 8 bit (8 bit colour depth would be about a million colours). If the depth is low, such as 16 colours, it's hard to not get gradients in areas like skies.
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
It shouldn't look like that.

There have been a lot of reports of issues with the S24 display, even on this forum. You won't get any help here from Samsung as they'll just post something useless like how they've improved their display for a richer user experience.

Google something like "S24 display issues" or "S24 display color banding". You'll get a lot of hits on display issues.
DrMandeep
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Precisely, even when I tried contacting them after the second replacement due to the persistent grain issue, they claimed it was a feature and assured me that the grain would be resolved in an update scheduled for release this month.
DrMandeep
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The right one, you can see. Its wallpaper by samsung(color), its looks fine when i apply the wallpaper but preview is broken. This is 1700 cad smartphone right?1711333225626.jpg
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi DrMandeep, we are sorry to hear this issue from you. As, you have already contacted our team regarding this, they will review it and hopefully it will be fixed in the future update.

However, once again we will communicate this issue with the concerned team.

Thank you for bringing this to us.