Original topic:

Z fold 5 wifi dropping constantly.

(Topic created on: 08-16-2023 04:44 PM)
Radioactive999
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Z
Just upgraded form a fold 3 to a fold 5 and now my home wifi is constantly stopping working. When it stops working it still shows as connected with a strong strength but no apps can get connectivity. It fixes itself when I turn off and on wifi, and this is happening literally ever 5 minutes or so when I'm actively browsing the internet or using any apps that need to access the internet. Has anyone else experienced this or aware of a fix?
0 Likes
8 Comments
ChrisGSocials
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I don't believe it's the phone, good chance it's your internet connection. My family has the same problem at home and we use a variety of mobile phones.
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy Z

Hi, I request you to please restart the WIFI router once and check again if the issue still persist  please contact the network service provider.

0 Likes
chachinge
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
I have fold 4 and fold 5 the five drops internet but 4 is still connected
0 Likes
ZohebShaikh
Active Level 1
Galaxy Z
I am having the same issue with WIFI on my FOLD 5 it drops, doesn't work , shows slow or conencted without internet , even this post I had to post using my mobile internet since WiFi isn't working even though I have 6E Router and 1.5 GBPS other phones work absolutely great , FOLD 5 has a serious Issue with WIFI
0 Likes
Handsracer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

I have just upgraded to a fold 5 and my WiFi drops all the time. My s22 was fine. Any solutions? 

0 Likes
Athello
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z

Yep, same issue on Z Fold 5. Wifi remains connected, but intermittently shows "without Internet." Bandwidth is restored automatically after maybe 15-30 seconds or immediately upon disconnecting and reconnecting. Other devices on the same SSID remain connected without issues during the same period. This is not an AP, Firewall, or Router issue. I have not done any extensive testing to verify/quantify this, but I think the issue is either isolated to or intensified by connections on SSIDs with variable bands/frequencies (6GHz, 5GHz, and 2.4GHz). I think the issue has disappeared or occurs less frequently when connected on an SSID with a single frequency/band (5GHz or 2.4GHz).

0 Likes
karl9900
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Z
Is Samsung just going to ignore the problem?
0 Likes
Jams3
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy Z

This is 100 percent a phone issue. I have 2 phones which I carry with me all the time. The fold 5 constantly is losing signal and mobile data. It makes no sense the other phone in the same excat place is full signal 5g constantly where as I can't even play a YouTube video or use my GPS on the fold 5. It's extremely frustrating to me thay samsung has not fixed this. I will never buy another samsung product again. Ever.

0 Likes