Original topic:

Changing account location/region

(Topic created on: 10-11-2020 03:58 AM)
Mistajase
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

I purchased a Samsung tablet years ago from an airport (UK) before departing on holiday, but after just install a smartthings hub I've noticed my region has been locked to Spain, presumably because that's where I created my Samsung account... 

That'll explain why all the emails were not in English.

I can't change the setting, as it's greyed out.... So how can I change this?

0 Likes
6 Comments
keagan
Options
Others

Hi Mistajase, it is not possible to change the country for your Samsung account. I suggest you to create another Samsung account with Canada as country.

0 Likes
bhumir
Beginner Level 2
Others

is that a joke, Samsung?? How rudimentary is your understanding of the world.  All my purchase information/details are in current account.  I just cant go around creating a new account. 

If I cant change country, why did you let me buy a new phone in a country where my account is not created in? 

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Hi bhumir, Please note that the Samsung account is country specific account. If you want to use the device in Canada, then we request you to create a Samsung Canada account.

0 Likes
Smalltower
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hello Keagan, what consequences will this have? I have been using Samsung phones for four years now on my current account, what exactly will I lose if I create another account? Is it at least possible to copy things from my current account to a new one?

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Hi Smalltower, You could delete the current Samsung account on the device and add a new Samsung account and only the data that is saved on your mobile device can be synced with the new account.

0 Likes
MBOIH
Beginner Level 2
Others

I read all the comments and questions. And now I know why my samsung account is in Thailand region even I am in USA. Samsung need to fix this issue. When I opened my calendar, I always see only Thailand Holidays and special event days. 

0 Likes