Original topic:

Same fridge issue ice maker not working RF28HMEDBSR

(Topic created on: 07-29-2020 01:34 PM)
HCR3333
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Went to the chat, they were willing to send someone out for free however I can't find my receipt even though it is out of warranty.  So I guess it is my fault (lol typical customer service response) that they can't build something that actually works.  Ice maker worked for about a month before ice build up and ice got stuck on side of bucket.  Defrosted and it worked again, then next time it happened now water won't fill ice tray.  Looked around at the thousands of posts on the US website and a large class action lawsuit against Samsung and decided to chat to support.  They said they have no reports of issues with this fridge in Canada (OH REALLY LOL) I guess this all is fake news and I would just like to waste my time defrosting ice and not fixing my ice maker. 

Tried resetting it, unplugging for a while, etc, nothing seems to work any longer with the ice maker. 

I had the fridge for a while and only hooked up the water 2 months ago.  So it is not from repetitive use.  I would like them just to send me a new ice maker I can install it myself with the hundreds of videos posted.  If this one doesn't work its fine I will just live without it however not too happy spending 2500 on a fridge with something that is defective and Samsung Canada refuses to not only acknowledge but fix.  My phone is Samsung as well but will soon be changed to something non samsung after my experience. 

7 Comments
Rebekka
Options
Others

Hi HCR3333,
I request you to contact the place of purchase of the refrigerator to get a duplicate copy of the receipt.

0 Likes
HCR3333
Beginner Level 2
Others

Thanks for all your help (I'm being sarcastic)

They are unable to provide me with a copy obviously because I paid in cash.  

Typical non helpful response from Samsung.  No empathy no willingness to help a customer who got sold a fridge that doesn't do what I purchased it for, no loyalty to someone who shelled out 2500 dollars of hard earned money to buy this POS. 

Samsung_ULY0bHl
Beginner Level 2
Others

Totally agree with the comment above.  We have contacted Samsung about our ice box freezing up and when it can't be fixed they wash their hands of us.  I am going to attempt to have a class action law suite launched in Canada as these fridges have a latent defect and Samsung knows this and is doing nothing.

Brouillette
Beginner Level 2
Others

Same problem here with ice maker they could not fix it so they said it was my problem hoping they will be a class action suit in Canada soon the ice maker has never worked for long .

B.

0 Likes
landm1
Active Level 1
Others

It is maddening,. When you contact the North American Headquarters which is located in the United States,  they tell you they can't help for fridges manufactured for Canada, but yet, that is where NORTH AMERICAN HEADQUARTERS is located.  Makes absolutely no sense. Canadian subsidiary office will not do anything, except collect a pay cheque.   Service bulletins for these defects exist for a reason. 

Why won't Samsung do anything? 

0 Likes
landm1
Active Level 1
Others

I've had 3 icemaker repairs and still had to do constant defrosting, plus other repairs. 

0 Likes
Meli79
Beginner Level 2
Others

Since when do you pay $2500 for a fridge and it only lasts 6 years? I also had my icemaker fixed 3-4 times. 

So upsetting 

0 Likes