Original topic:

Samsung UNKS8000 Vertical Line Defect

(Topic created on: 01-13-2021 08:15 PM)
A_Pal91
Active Level 2
Options
Others

Hello,

This post is about the Samsung UN55KS8000FXZA TVs that fail after about 3 years due to the vertical line issue. I bought my TV in March of 2017, and in April 2020 the vertical line issue hit my TV. It was in perfect physical condition, mounted on my wall and used regularly. I tried looking for any potential remedy, but everything I've read it sounds like the TV is finished.

In a similar thread, a Samsung Mod suggested that the customer contact a Samsung technical support center so that HE could pay for the service himself, service that costs nearly $900-1000 to fix. For a $2k CAD TV this is totally unacceptable and Samsung should be addressing this issue, not expecting their customers to pay. 

Here's the thread I'm referring to:
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/UNKS8000-vertical-lines-problem/m-p/4331766

I purchased my TV in the US and moved it to Canada where I now live. In the US forums there is a lot more activity and Samsung moderators have taken steps to replace many customers' TVs outright since this issue is so prolific. We should be expecting the same sort of customer service from Samsung in Canada as well. I've purchased Samsung TVs and monitors for $1k+ in the past and they still run with no issues, but when it comes to a higher end 4K TV apparently that's not the case.

Can any Samsung moderators please acknowledge this issue and come up with a way to help out their customers? Expecting us to call up a technician and foot a $900+ bill on an already expensive TV set after only 3 years is out of the question, the fact that that's even been suggested is completely unacceptable.

I've added photos of my TV for proof. Also, here's a link to the US forums so others can see the extent of this defect and the level of service Samsung USA is providing to their customers:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/4k-8k-and-Other-TVs/UN55KS8000-Vertical-colored-lines/m-p/873031

Searching "ks8000" on their forums will also bring up many other posts about the vertical line issue.

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-20 at 10.02.01 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-04-20 at 10.11.09 PM.jpeg

It'd be great if a moderator could acknowledge and remedy this issue.

Thank you

0 Likes
8 Comments
FattyP
Active Level 8
Others
A guy on YouTube seemed to have the same problem as you and he demonstrates a quick fix. If you haven't watched it already, the video's less than a minute.

https://youtu.be/lsM7k67-lis
0 Likes
A_Pal91
Active Level 2
Others

Thanks but this is for a totally different TV model. The UNKS8000 has a completely different rear panel so this fix doesn't really apply. Pushing against the main input port does nothing.

0 Likes
FattyP
Active Level 8
Others
O.K. Hope you find the fix. No T.V. while on Covid is no fun.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

HI A_Pal91, We only have information about the devices purchased in Canada. I suggest you please use the link below and contact the Samsung support team of the country where the device was purchased.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

0 Likes
A_Pal91
Active Level 2
Others

Hi Keagan,

I've contacted Samsung US and they are unable to help me due to the fact that I need to be physically in the US. I reside in Canada and since we've have a pandemic and strict border restrictions in place for the past year, I'm unable to travel there for support.

So I am asking, will Samsung Canada help me out with this problem? The models are identical between the two countries.

I'd also like to reiterate how common this TV-breaking issue is, and that the lack of support for Canadians that has been demonstrated on this forum is pretty shameful on Samsung's part.

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Since the specifications differ from country to country, the authorized service centers in Canada may not be able to repair the TV. Also, please note that the warranty will not be applicable in Canada.

0 Likes
A_Pal91
Active Level 2
Others

A_Pal91_0-1612020618170.jpeg

0 Likes
hblknmemo
Beginner Level 3
Others
i
0 Likes