Original topic:

Remote desktop still broken in DeX since oneui6 update

(Topic created on: 01-26-2024 06:07 PM)
Bradg
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung DeX
Posted this when oneui6 was launched, and haven't gotten any feedback

when using remote desktop within DeX, you can no longer access the title bar space....

this means you can't close browser tabs, close full screen apps, or interact with ANYTHING within that space.

this completely ruins the ability to use DeX to access remote systems

it's 90% of what the /r/samsungdex community uses DeX for...

This NEEDS to get fixed

This is a short explaining/demonstrating what I mean

https://youtu.be/XZk13zOPLcI

?si=TPocZtxY8jPTKIXD
34 Comments
afanasievas
Beginner Level 4
Samsung DeX

I have the same problem. I use DEX only with RDP and it is huge problem for me. Dear developers, please, fix it ASAP.

Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Samsung DeX
What RDP app or configurarjon are you using?
What's the host OS?
are you using a VPN client to connect, and is it up to date according to the corporate providers' DB listing and deployment for the VPN solution?
Is your RDP client updated to support the latest OneUI 6 version you're running?!

These are proper troubleshooting questions a support rep or app developer or even samsung would ask!!!

No original post on Samsung Members and more petulant behaviour for real troubleshooting questions when abaolutrly nobody here has even considered nor offered.

Everyone have a look on Samsungs Dex site and pay close attention to request for developers to augment their apps supporting Dex!! Just cause an app has been uodated, ans especially NOT for a major UI/UX change doesn't mean the UX is at fault!

Would you want your machics of your car being so 1 track minded and sending you off back on the road leaving you prone to a serious accident just bound to happen?! Hmm1709776386890.jpg1709776386909.jpg
0 Likes
firstmode
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

Please fix

mikew1
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Please fix

Foldpro
Beginner Level 3
Samsung DeX

I have the same problem, gonna return my new galaxy because of this bug. Not usuable in dex with Citrix rdp

Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Samsung DeX
Ever THINK for a moment that its possibly the Citrix Application bein the root cause?!

Applications in Android behave one way yet VERY differently sometimes in Dex mode expecially if not updated accordingly.

Why not write a support concern to the app developer - in your case Citrix!!
0 Likes
Sorela
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Yes! Please fix this. It is a major annoyance that seems to affect all full screen apps in Dex in OneUI 6.

Ch0s3n0ne
Beginner Level 2
Samsung DeX

Yes, this need a fix right now. This will postpone me acquiring a new phone

Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Samsung DeX
Lmao. Such an issue, if working should NOT be a reason to buy a phone!
0 Likes