Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Body Composition - Skeletal muscle?

(Topic created on: 08-28-2022 06:38 PM)
keith1088
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Health

Hi, just started using the Samsung Watch 5 and new to some of the features like Body Composition.  I'm confused by the reading for Skeletal Muscle, namely the color coding vs the number.

For example, fat mass is quite logical (I think) that I should keep within the light green to green range.  If it is orange, fat mass is a higher (weight) number, which stands to reason that I would want to avoid that.  Similarly for things like BMI and Weight.

However, for Skeletal Muscle, should I be aiming a higher number?  Logic tells me yes, because a higher muscle mass means better, right?  But a higher number would mean the color coding goes to Orange, which seems bad.  So I'm kind of confused here.  If I am borderline into orange, is it good or bad?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Axton
Options
Samsung Health

Hi, we would like to inform you that higher muscle mass increases metabolic rate and prevents falls and illnesses. Skeletal Muscles must be high in number.
In Skeletal Muscle orange indicates better as per the numbers.

View solution in context

5 Comments
Solution
Axton
Options
Samsung Health

Hi, we would like to inform you that higher muscle mass increases metabolic rate and prevents falls and illnesses. Skeletal Muscles must be high in number.
In Skeletal Muscle orange indicates better as per the numbers.

Lou_
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

That is a pretty terrible design flaw.  Every other marker for good is represented by green and having unhealthy levels in the red zone except muscle mass red means good?  This is poorly conceived.   

keith1088
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

Thank you

0 Likes
Anellas
Active Level 1
Samsung Health

Im lost here can someone explain me "In Skeletal Muscle orange indicates better as per the numbers." 

Ego_Placebo
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Health

Have to agree this is a bit of a silly design flaw, if anything it should be flipped so that LOW skeletal muscle is orange and high is green.

In UI (& other, even nature) design Orange is generally understood to indicate a warning/danger.