Original topic:

Is there a way to edit goals for specific nutrients, like protein, vitamins, and minerals?

(Topic created on: 08-01-2020 11:06 AM)
Xeperu
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Health

Greetings!  This is my first post here so hopefully I'm not beating an already-dead horse.  These recommendations for protein, vitamins & minerals the Samsung Health app recommends me are, for the most part, in no way in alignment with my diet.  I can just observe them by my own standards, but it would be nice if these goals could be set individually.  Is this possible?

If not, I'd like to formally request the feature (or bump that notion).  It could fit easily in the "View more details" screen under the Nutrient intake summary; maybe just tapping (or holding) the nutrient's details could pull up an edit window, or maybe each detail summery could have a menu dropdown with an edit option.

While I'm here I might as well also request expanding the vitamins & minerals that the app tracks.  I can't believe it doesn't track B vitamins!  Of course, the only way this would work is if the app had a system to allow users (or maybe brands) to update & verify updates to product listings...

13 Comments
Meximo73
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

I see nothing has changed. I need to get about 100g of protein and it would be helpful to have an all-in-one native app that could help me with my goals. I don't want to download an app when I could use Samsung Health. Ugh. 

0 Likes
DeanSeavy
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health

I would very much like this feature as well. the app is recommending that 55% of my diet be CARBS! Are you kidding me? also i need 180 Grams of protein. If i followed the apps recommendations i would be gaining weight rapidly. Everybody needs a different diet to meet their goals. the fact this is not adjustable seems like a massive mistake. I thought it would be a pretty basic feature. I weight train a lot and if I followed the apps recommendations on that, my body would be feasting on it's own muscle. 

0 Likes
sschimera
Beginner Level 2
Samsung Health
It's also very important for me to customize macros
0 Likes
ironhansolo
Beginner Level 4
Samsung Health

What brought me to this thread is the micronutrient goals preprogrammed into the Samsung Health app. Looking at their bar graph it seems I am way under on potassium and vitamin C (just for an example), yet when I compare my numbers to published nutritional guidance I am actually getting more than double both of those. So if I were to follow the apps goals I'd likely end up with hyperkalemia. Some backend programmer has seems to have entered the wrong values and it's a shame to see that no one at Samsung is working to correct these obvious errors. It affects their brand reputation. 

0 Likes