Original topic:

Questions about using Samsung Notes to type in notes and insert table :(

(Topic created on: 01-29-2021 01:26 PM)
Verigudgal
Beginner Level 4
Options
Tablets
Does anyone know how to create tables with Samsung Notes app?

I find it quite disruptive to use the app for note-taking because I just couldn't find the 'Insert Table' option on samsung note whenever I need to make one. It's a simple option that OneNote provides users with and I find it quite disappointing for samsung notes, which is absolutely excellent for handwritten note-taking, to not have this one function. It's very limiting when it comes to typing option, in the sense that basically I can't make tables, I can't even change font styles (while S notes actually does provide with that option!). I wish Samsung Notes would be updated with more of the aforementioned functions, so that I have to use only it for my note-taking!

The cherry-on-top would possibly be that Samsung Notes could somehow also provide with smaller font sizes, or even consider resizing the whole set. To be exact, sometimes the letters may appear small when the app is not opened to its full-screen option, but actually when I tried to type text on the imported PDF, even the smallest size '8' looked absolutely gigantic compared to the size of the text within the pdf itself. Big sad :( 

I really really wish Samsung would improve those aspects (esp with the 'insert table' option). If you really do, boi oh boi, I swear to use Samsung Notes all the time, all day everyday for note-taking ❤️
7 Comments
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Tablets
Yup. There's no table feature. Other than that, it has everything.
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Tablets
Why is Samsung killing its useful features? Good thing I still have the old S Notes app, and guess what? I'm able to insert table. ☺️👍

Screenshot_20210129-181446.png

Screenshot_20210129-181316.png

Screenshot_20210129-181516.png

Halston
Options
Tablets

Hi Verigudgal,

Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Samsung is dedicated to ensuring that you have a great experience with your Galaxy device. We are taking this as feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. 

Tablets

Any update on this feature Sir?😀

0 Likes
BlueMaester
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

Insert table option is a basic need. Cant get my head around the fact that Samsung decided to remove it.

Anthony72
Beginner Level 3
Tablets

I also wish there was a way to have editable tables in samsung notes .

Tables would really help me keep images and drawings beside related text no matter how long the text becomes and tables ultimately would help me organize information better.

I really hope samsung considers adding this feature.

Tablets

I am surprised this is 3 years old post and samsung did nothing to bring this feature. I might as well gonna switch to OneNote. bye bye Samsung Notes

0 Likes