Original topic:

Galaxy Buds plus, not disconnecting when removed from ear

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 11:57 PM)
ziom
Active Level 5
Options
Wearables
I love my Galaxy buds plus. But there is this one thing that irks me to no end.

I use my buds for conference calls, and usually I just use the right one.

However when I take the bud out of my ear, sounds from the phone still come out through the bud and not the phone.

I have to either disconnect Bluetooth or put the bud back in the case. Shouldn't the phone automatically detect the bud is not in your ear?

0 Likes
11 Comments
Wearables
Try this:

a) Unpair your Galaxy Buds+.

b) Uninstall any Galaxy Buds+ App from your phone.

c) Reboot.

Reinstall the Galaxy Buds+ App.

Pair your Galaxy Buds+ with your phone & Test - When you remove the Earbuds from your ears - It SHOULD now disconnect 🤞
Biniiii
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Its not working, can you give a better solution as i am sharing the same same problem as Ziom and its very annoying

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Wearables

Hey@ziom,
If an earbud’s touch-sensitive sensor does not make contact with your ear, the earbud may not work properly. Please note that If foreign materials are placed on the touch-sensitive sensor, they may cause the sensor to malfunction and clean the sensor with a dry and soft cloth before wearing the earbuds.
Then follow the suggestions given by Shaggyskunk1 and check if the issue resolved.
Thanks @Shaggyskunk1 for your information.

0 Likes
Biniiii
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

didnt work either

0 Likes
Wearables
Worked for me with my Jabra Elite Active 65t earbuds - Did you Uninstall Everything related to your earbuds on your phone? Reinstall - Re-Pair your buds?
0 Likes
jg-arg
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Did any of those suggestions work? @ziom @Biniiii

I feel like this is how the products is supposed to work, and it's quite annoying to stay connected to the buds after you remove them from your ears...

Can Samsung clarify if the Buds+ are supposed to disconnect from the device when you remove them from your ears? @samsung

(I had the IconX, and they easily connected and disconnected from the phone, hopefully this funcion was kept on this new model of ear buds)

0 Likes
ziom
Active Level 5
Wearables
no none of it worked. however there was an update to samsung smartthings that when a Bluetooth device is connected it, in the notification pane there is now a toggle to select where to output the sound, which is really handy.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Wearables

Hi ziom,

Please check for the Galaxy wearable app update on your phone and make sure that it is updated to the latest version.
Then perform the software update for the Galaxy buds.
Navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone>> Update earbuds software.
If the issue persists, I suggest you to reset all your earbuds settings.
Note: All the settings will be revert to defaults.
Launch the Galaxy Wearable app on the phone and tap General > Reset earbuds.

0 Likes
DiegoFefe
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have the same problem, but mine is worse because, when i put them in the case only the left one diconnects automatically of my phone, the right one stays connnected to my phone, and drowns the battery of the case and the right earbud, i tried everything, pair, unpair, uninstall and reinstall the wearable app and smarthings and still does not work, and is pretty annoying because a just bought them. I love them at first  but this problem is making me regret the purchase.  it only have 4 months of use, and about 2 weeks ago started the problem. i need a solution bucause it was NOT cheap.