Original topic:

Watch 4 does not notify of phone calls except from favorites

(Topic created on: 02-07-2024 04:39 PM)
Bogi64
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
For about one month now I'm having this issue. My phone is on DND, my watch is not and I'm wearing it. My watch receives all alerts from all kinds of apps, which is what I want. However, it does not receive phone calls except the ones from my favorite contacts. I want my watch to receive ALL calls, not just the ones from favorites. It stays completely silent. Of course, when the caller hangs up, my watch immediately notifies me of a missed phone call "on do not disturb".

I suspect this is caused by an update, either of the phone or the watch, which I have recently installed. Before that it worked like a charm. How do I fix this?

I have a S22 phone running Android 14 and a non LTE Watch4 on WearOS 4.0

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Comments
Al-001
Active Level 7
Wearables
Does your phone ring when receiving those un-faviours contacts? Did you turn on " Block unknown calls"?1707360143336.jpg
Bogi64
Active Level 1
Wearables
No, the phone doesn't ring, or vibrate, either. Except for the favorites, just like the watch. I don't block the unknown numbers, but the test that I've done was with a friend in my contacts who I would add or remove from favorites. When he's a favorite, all is well. When he's not, all is silent. Thanks 🙏
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Wearables
According to those symptoms, somehow, it looks like the option of "Block unknown numbers" is turned on on your phone. Try turning the option on/off and running tests again. You could figure out a workaround even if it might not know the root cause. Let's make work first, then fix root cause.
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Wearables
I have the same. GW4 and S22 Ultra. And mine are OK 🤔
Bogi64
Active Level 1
Wearables
Did you apply any updates lately? On either the phone or watch?
0 Likes
Joce1
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Yes One UI 6.0 last month and an update on the watch end of december
Helenna
Options
Wearables

Hi, To resolve the issue of your watch not receiving all calls, even with Do Not Disturb (DND) on, try checking the Do Not Disturb settings on both your phone and watch.

Ensure that the DND mode is configured to allow calls and notifications to come through. Additionally, confirm that the watch's call settings permit notifications for all calls, not just favorites.

Lastly, you can consider resetting the notification settings on your phone and watch to default and then reconfiguring them according to your preferences.

If the issue still persists, please perform the reset on the watch by using the below link and check.
https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/samsung-smartwatch-reset/