Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

No mobile data icon in the Note 10 notification tray

(Topic created on: 09-27-2019 06:50 PM)
SonofSamsung
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Such a Bother to have to go Settings  / Connections  / Data Usage  / to finally toggle Mobile Data on or off.  Is there any Way to get a toggle button for Mobile Data into the Notification tray? thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy Note
There are so many requests for the mobile data icon. It was removed by the carriers. You will have to contact your carrier to find out if the mobile data icon can be reinstalled to your device.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Comments
Solution
Galaxy Note
There are so many requests for the mobile data icon. It was removed by the carriers. You will have to contact your carrier to find out if the mobile data icon can be reinstalled to your device.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@jayman1973
You're giving a false information. This has been discuss in the « Ask a Expert section » and the answer from the expert is the following :
But this is the answer from Expert today.

"Yes I always see lots of posts on the much desired Mobile Data Toggle. To clarify the #1 response i see posted in here regularly is the carriers have taken it out. That is not accurate. While Samsung has enabled this feature in other regions, in Canada there was a decision to have this feature removed. We have been reviewing the comments and requests to have this added back and have filter the requests backt to the R&D team to have this explored further. stay tuned for more updates."

Sounds like not carriers problem.

@SonofSamsung read this from @Shaggyskunk1 :

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/Anyone-wanting-to-restore-the-Mobile-Data-amp-Hot-Spot-To...

To restore mobile data ,
You need Platform-Tools installed on your computer - As well as USB Debugging Enabled & this simple adb command

From the Windows Power Shell - Type:

settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles),MobileData,HotSpot"

Galaxy Note
To be fair to @jayman1973 - For the last two years (at least) @Sabrina & @Wonchul were telling people that it was the Canadian Carriers who have removed the Mobile Data & Hot Spot Toggles & (Silly me - I believed them) it was only last week in the "ask an expert" post that the contradictory information was posted - Then it appeared that Samsung Moderators didn't appreciate my post containing the screen shots of the aforementioned Moderators saying that the Canadian Carriers were responsible..

Guess we can either use adb commands to restore the Mobile Data & Hot Spot Toggles - or wait to see what "R&D" comes up with.... after they've finished with their "exploration"... cough cough 🙄🐧
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
have a look at my automated script which will enable your toggles http://easyrestore.pconline.ca
SonofSamsung
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
excellent.
0 Likes