Original topic:

Samsung Pay is not compatible with Note 8

(Topic created on: 09-15-2017 04:44 PM)
godsho
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Just purchased my Note 8 today. Discovered Samsung Pay was not available in the Galaxy Store. The current latest supported device is the S8+ on the current compatibility list. Any ETA for when the device would have Samsung Pay updated? I believe my S8+ had the functionality right out of the box.
12 Comments
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
they removed Samsung pay since they only support cibc bank. if you are cibc customer then go to their website and register there. they will send you email on how to get Samsung pay.
0 Likes
godsho
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
On the CIBC website, the link to download displays an error. It indicates that the app loaded is either removed or not compatible with this device. I still have the S8+ and it is able to pull up the app from the exact same link.
sikhness
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Do you have any news on when Samsung Pay will be available for non CIBC cards and banks?
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
you can contact cibc for support.
0 Likes
cmdacos
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
it's not a CIBC issue. the app store says it's not compatible with note8
0 Likes
stevenhwang
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
it has been removed from being as a built in app. You would have to visit Samsung's webpage to register for Early Access. You then can get a link for Samsung Pay through email or Galaxy Apps app.
0 Likes
godsho
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I did register, and the link via email leads to Galaxy Apps and then indicates that the app is either removed or not compatible with this device.
0 Likes
stevenhwang
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Wow, what I'm thinking is samsung has removed the Samsung Pay for CIBC app to realese a version to support more apps. But if you'd like to use it for a CIBC credit card right now, I would suggest you use the CIBC's website. In case that does not work, you would have to wait for Samsung to realese it again, or add support for Note8.
0 Likes
진시형
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Don't panic guys. I did a quick little search and here is the link.
0 Likes