Original topic:

Can't send or receive media messages when RCS is on

(Topic created on: 06-02-2019 08:09 PM)
SeanM
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Ever since I updated my s10 to the may security patch I've been unable to send or receive pictures or any kind of media unless I go into the chat settings and turn off RCS messaging. I reset my network settings, and even booted to safe mode and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem?

Update: it appears for now that the problem has rectified itself, but I'll give it a few days since it wasn't working for more than a day.
12 Comments
rad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
as far as I know Roger's sure does support it
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes Rogers supports RCS with Android Messages 🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You can try a couple of things:

a) Boot into Recovery and Wipe Cache 🤞
b) Boot into Recovery and Factory Reset - NOTE IF you decide to Factory Reset - BACKUP your device with Smart Switch BEFORE you Factory Reset

To Boot into Recovery:
Power OFF your device - Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume UP until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three buttons - Wait a few seconds until you see the Recovery Menu - Use the Volume button to Scroll down to either Wipe Cache or Factory Reset depending on what you want to do - Select the action with the Power button - Wait a few seconds until the Recovery Menu defaults to Reboot now & Select with the Power button

If you chose to Factory Reset - Your device will be as it was when you first received it - You will have to Login to your Google & Samsung accounts & Use Smart Switch to restore your device 🐧