Original topic:

Long Press to download Images Oreo

(Topic created on: 03-24-2018 05:15 AM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I don't know if this would qualify as a Tip - but I've found that after a Factory Reset with Oreo 8.0 on the S8+ when you Long Press on an image to Download the image it doesn't appear in your Gallery. The downloaded images are "saved" to:

Data/data.com.android.providers.downloads/cache

This seems to be a Oreo Security feature.

I've found that in order to actually save the image and have it appear in the Gallery you need to go to the Download Manager - Create a new Folder and then Move the images to the new Folder - Then the images will appear in your Gallery 🐧

If anyone has a better idea - Awesome!
0 Likes
30 Comments
Galaxy S
@ShaggyskunkS7, I just downloaded 2 images, 1 using Chrome browser and the other with the Samsung browser and they both saved to a download folder in the Gallery. 14101c67-1594-452d-b5cf-4b570da2f156.jpg
0c265764-acf9-4425-90de-a965164fcc4a.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes you are right if I downloaded the images from Chrome - But see my other post 😉🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Maybe I should have been more specific - If I Google an image - ie: swimming dog and I open the image from Google Search - Long Press on it and I don't see it in the Gallery or in sd/downloads - I don't think that this was the case with the Oreo Update until I Factory Reset my device?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
You're right, I just tried your way and got the same result as you, doesn't show up in the Gallery.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@ShaggyskunkS7, how do you get to the Download Manager?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
It's a System app - I've always had it on all my phones...
I'll check with Root Explorer and see if I can find it without Root - Gimme a few minutes dece880d-721e-4939-bd5d-d102be961a8a.jpg
39ce0c4d-f3a6-408d-87b8-b1f97eba34b4.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah it doesn't appear in the app drawer...? a43f1bf9-6d9f-4edf-b1b4-80011844ccd0.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
This may help 😊
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techrepublic.com/google-amp/article/how-to-use-the-android-oreo-built-in-file-manager/#ampshare=https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-use-the-android-oreo-built-in-file-manager/
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah, I noticed that, I can't even find to pics I downloaded with the way you mentioned.
0 Likes