Original topic:

Long Press to download Images Oreo

(Topic created on: 03-24-2018 05:15 AM)
Shaggyskunk1BLM
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
I don't know if this would qualify as a Tip - but I've found that after a Factory Reset with Oreo 8.0 on the S8+ when you Long Press on an image to Download the image it doesn't appear in your Gallery. The downloaded images are "saved" to:

Data/data.com.android.providers.downloads/cache

This seems to be a Oreo Security feature.

I've found that in order to actually save the image and have it appear in the Gallery you need to go to the Download Manager - Create a new Folder and then Move the images to the new Folder - Then the images will appear in your Gallery 🐧

If anyone has a better idea - Awesome!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I missed the one to create the new folder b228950c-5e47-4bd9-b129-d227938fa3b1.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Cprice and here you can see the swimming dog saved in sd/downloads 92f67666-83d7-4ea1-a157-d4d89a625859.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
What file manager are you using?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Root Explorer Pro
0 Likes
Galaxy S
just a tip here but if you want to save the image and want it to show in the gallery...why not just use smart select? or just take a screenshot
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah of course that's an option - Long Press on the image means that you don't have to edit the image & if you want to save a gif Long Press works better - Anyway with the process / workaround Long Press works great - Was just a bit of a headscratcher to figure it out 😉🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S
ooh yes definitely I see where your coming from :)
0 Likes
Galaxy S
👍😊🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S
😃😃😃
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @ShaggyskunkS7, thanks for sharing!

- Wonchul