Original topic:

Need Help Disabling Restrict Background Data

(Topic created on: 12-19-2019 11:48 AM)
Sanarjan
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Was hoping someone could help me. So far I am enjoying Android 10 on the S10+, thought this issue may have been due to the fact that up until this point I was using the beta software but now that I'm on the official software seem to be having the same problem.

On Android Pie when in the device care section in settings and enabling battery saver medium there was an option to disable the restrict background data option. I can't seem to find it ever since Android 10. Hopefully someone would be able to shed some light on where it can be found. Tried using the search option no signs of it either.

6 Comments
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Settings, connections, data usage, data saver?
0 Likes
Sanarjan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hmm took a look, seems to be already off so not sure.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Sanarjan,

If you follow @RobertZ instructions with navigating to data saver, then toggle that on and see what happens. I think that "restrict background data" you have in your battery settings is something the battery utilizes when conserving power and restricting background processes. If you want to restrict data itself, then try the data saver.

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Sanarjan
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hey Jeremy in the previous iterations of oneui there was an option when toggling battery saver to turn off the restrict feature. now if you turn it on it automatically enables it and if you go to data saver it says turned off already even though previous screen mentions it's turned on.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @Sanarjan,

I believe that those are 2 independent services. "restrict background data" is used for conserving battery - this service is used to just limit data. With "data saver", its user initiated and is used app wide(all apps will be affected unless flagged as an exception by you).

Hope this helps,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Jesus1
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
As I see it, the problem comes when buying a Samsung phone. I have the S9+ and Sanarjan... it's undeniabley the worst phone ever! Samsung has fallen and it's not going to get back up. I can't tell you how many times that settings have gone askew on me. it's nothing that I've done. 75% of the time it comes as a result of operating system updates. every phone that I loaned has been a Samsung and only the S9 has received five different operating system update so far. my suggestion is to purchase an iPhone. I have 2 months left on my contract and after that, goodbye forever Samsung. good luck to you because you're going to need it.
0 Likes