Original topic:

second S10 bad quality scene protector

(Topic created on: 06-02-2019 07:47 PM)
Bing
Active Level 10
Options
Galaxy S
So on second S10 I have, a bubble developed where the screen starts to curve but well inside. No hair or dust went in, as around the area is fine.

Only had it for a month :(

I am thinking of going without screen protector but want to know if anyone here had shattered S9 or s8 screen? S10 has gorilla glass 6 do supposed to be stronger coverage. I've been told is the screen breaks, the fingerprint sensor will stop working and it'll cost $400 to fix. 

Last time I had a hair line crack out of nowhere on S7 which had gorilla glass 4.
0 Likes
10 Comments
Galaxy S
Guess that it kinda depends on how you treat your devices - I'm pretty OCD about how I treat mine - ie: nothing in my pocket except the phone & the last phone I dropped was a Motorola v3.... but I always use a Tempered Glass screen protector - So this is the first device since my SK that doesn't have one - Fwiw - The Samsung installed one is so far unblemished & I have a Whitestone Dome glass waiting in the wings should the need arise.. my 2 cents 🐧
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Treatment would matter on edges, where dust or anything squeezes under. But a random bubble quite a distance from the edge is questioning. There is nothing under either, just air bubble.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I was referring as to whether or not it's a good idea to not use a screen protector... 😉
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Oh I get it. I have a nice case but only concern is fingerprint reader being at its best. Samsung employee showed me after market one and it was hit and miss
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I got a small scratch on the original screen protector my S10+ came with, I just bought the replacement ones from Samsung, the package comes with 2 of them.
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Is it exactly the same as the original one? Skmeone told me the camera cutout is different
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
That's correct, the replacement one doesn't cover the edge above and to the right of the camera
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Is the feel and quality the same? And is it annoying to see how its not covering it?
0 Likes
Gemini
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
The feel is the same, the quality is a bit better I think because it doesn't scratch as easily as the original one, I don't find the camera cut out annoying or noticeable at all
0 Likes