Original topic:

How to Change the phone number associated with your Samsung account?

(Topic created on: 01-24-2018 05:49 AM)
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Options
Others
I recently changed my phone number and when I try to log into my Samsung account it wants to verify my account with my old phone number... How can I get it to send the verification code to my new phone number?
0 Likes
4 Comments
Others
@shaggyskunk, What you will have to do is login to your Samsung Account with your old phone number, if there is a icon that says "update status/my account" then update your account with the new phone number. It may take a few seconds for the system to recognize and activate the new number. If you are still experiencing issues, then I would recommend giving Samsung Customer Service a call and they may be able to help you solve this issue.
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Others
Thanks for the reply - Yeah I would have thought that there'd be an option to use an alternate sign in method as there is with Google...
0 Likes
shaggyskunk
Active Level 7
Others
I just spoke to Samsung "support"... wow - terrible experience! The guy sounded totally uninterested and said that it could take up to 2 days to remove 2 step verification (which he recommended AGAINST using.....WTH!) I've chatted with Samsung support before and they were AWESOME - But this guy was the worst! If this would have been my only experience with Samsung support... I'd be seriously concerned!
0 Likes
MrKLeeN01
Beginner Level 2
Others

I just started a new account.  Way easier 

0 Likes