Original topic:

Dex for Windows full screen may be vertically stretched and cropped on 16:10 monitor

(Topic created on: 03-31-2020 04:36 PM)
eshmh
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung DeX

When Samsung Dex for PC is at full screen mode (maximized) on a 16:10 monitor (it happens on both  my 1920x1200 (secondary) and 2560x1600 (primary) monitors), sometimes the DeX display is vertically stretched (to fill 16:10 screen) and cropped at 16:9 ratio.  So the content at the top and the control at the bottom become invisible.  One example to reliably trigger the issue is to do a screen capture by Windows Snipping Tool.  

To recover the issue, I need change  full screen mode to windowed mode, and then full screen mode again.  Or I have to set a 16:9 resolution on the monitor that Dex for Windows is displayed on.

3 Comments
Jeremie
Options
Samsung DeX

@eshmh,

As of now, Samsung DeX officially supports Full HD (16:9, HDMI supported) monitors.

eshmh
Active Level 3
Samsung DeX
Ok, that makes sense. Thanks. I guess I either use the Windowed mode or force 16:9 resolution for the time being.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Samsung DeX
That's a shame since 16:10 are relatively common workplace screen ratio. Perfect for productivity work.