Original topic:

A52 5G issues

(Topic created on: 04-28-2021 10:28 AM)
rai-rai
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy A
How do you resolve Samsung Galaxy A52 5G issues like:

1. Flickering light in the screen when someone is calling.

2. Receiving text messages when on airplane mode.

3. Heating phone while on charging.

Appreciate your replies. Thanks.

As of 5/9/21 - please see below comments of the attached pictures for your reference. Thanks.
30 Comments
Galaxy A
Clarifications:

1. Does it flicker when the phone is on speaker phone? Or when it is near your face to listen to the call via the earpiece?

2. When did you receive the sms? Long after you have activated airplane mode?

3. Are you actively using your Phone while it's being charged?
0 Likes
rai-rai
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi Roman.

1. It flickers when phone is ringing or before answering the calls.

2. During weekends, I turned on the airplane mode but still received text messages.

3. Nope.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
AMOLED screens tend to flicker at a certain level of dimmed brightness. Maybe you can try setting the display brightness at 50 percent minimum.

There are times when mobile data and WiFi has been turned off but messenger notifications will still get through. This is only during that SHORT window period when phone is still online and data has been already fetched in the background. In your case, maybe the sms went in a few secs only after you have activated airplane mode.

Warming up of phones during charging Is acceptable. Though the heat that charging will generate may be greater when there is a phone activity. Even when you're not using your phone while it's charging, maybe a video editor is rendering a file in the background or a gigabyte file is being uploaded to the cloud.
rai-rai
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Thank you for the informartion. I will still observe my phone.
Galaxy A
You're most welcome. Have a blessed day ahead. 🙏 Ingats
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

Good day, Rairai! Mark from Samsung here! Here are some insights on the issues of concern:

- Flickering light
You may at some point notice that there is a blinking white light on the upper portion of the display. If you are holding the phone to your ear while on a call, the screen will turn off to prevent unintentional touches. A white light will blink at the top of the screen when the proximity sensor is active.  Your Galaxy device features an Infinity O display that minimizes the bezel, so the proximity sensor was mounted under the display panel. When this proximity sensor is in use, the light from the proximity sensor may flicker at the top of the device and so you can see a white light blinking on the screen.

This is a normal operation named “Photoelectric effect” and is not a device defect.
- Heating phone while on charging:

While charging, the device and the charger may become hot. During wireless charging or fast charging, the device may feel hotter to the touch. This does not affect the device’s lifespan or performance and is in the device’s normal range of operation. If the battery becomes too hot, the charger may stop charging.

Battery charging tips and precautions:

When using smartphone products, please pay attention to the following points and use them safely. 

• When using the wireless charger, do not place foreign materials, such as metal objects, magnets, and magnetic stripe cards, between the device and the wireless charger. Especially, do not place cards such as RFID card , credit card, Door lock card between device and back cover. The device may not charge properly or may overheat and may cause damage the device. 

• Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Charge-related products affect a direct impact on the safety of the user, so be careful when selecting the product. Unapproved chargers including Car chargers or cables may cause the performance problems and malfunctions or damage the device that are not covered by the warranty. 

• Using Non Samsung-approved products (ex : wireless charger, USB cables, car chargers, Micro USB Connector, USB power adaptor) that are not guaranteed to be compatible may cause damage to the product. 

• If the lower part of the device overheats, it could be because the connected USB cable is damaged. Replace the damaged USB cable with a new Samsung-approved one. 

• Be careful not to let foreign objects into the charger connector (connector, plug). It may cause overheating due to corrosion or temporary short-circuit of power terminal. 

• If you charge the device while the multipurpose jack is wet, the device may be damaged. Thoroughly dry the multipurpose jack before charging the device.

rai-rai
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Thank you Mark for the insights!
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy A

You're more than welcome! We're glad to be of help! Stay safe! :)

rai-rai
Active Level 3
Galaxy A
Hi Mark. I took pictures of the problem with my new A52 5G. My apologies if i told you of flickering light issues. I guess it's not. Base on the pictures, you think i should bring my phone to Samsung Authorized Center?

Just bought the phone last April 4 and it has not been drop on the floor.

Screenshot_20210509-144637_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-144909_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-145045_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20210509-144655_Video Player.jpg