Original topic:

Lost pictures

(Topic created on: 02-20-2024 12:55 PM)
StewartA
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi

I have recently used switch to transfer from A13 to A54 mobile.

I checked all the pictures had transferred across to the new device then deleted them from the old one.

My phone then updated One UI and the next morning my pictures have gone.

I have tried switching on and off clearing cache etc nothing is working.

Any ideas ?

4 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

HI, If your pictures disappeared after a One UI update, try checking your Google Photos or Samsung Cloud to ensure the photos were backed up.

Also you can take the help from the given link.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-back-up-and-restore-data/

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You should just stop posting links, and know something about Samsung's products.

I'm sure that you will be tempted to edit your post, and delete mine.. DON'T! 

Samsung Cloud hasn't backed up photos since September, 2021!

"Please note: from September 30, 2021, Gallery Sync and Drive storage will no longer be supported by Samsung Cloud and any stored data will be deleted. These features will now be supported by Microsoft OneDrive. You can find more information about thetermination of Samsung Cloud services here." - Samsung

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-samsung-cloud-and-how-do-i-use-it-to-backu...

Screenshot_20240220_181603.jpg

I personally don't use One Drive to backup my Photos, but the OP should check to see if this is Toggled ON.  

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Smart Switch is very good at backing up & restoring photos, but did you make sure that you selected your photos in Smart Switch to backup?

You can check to see if your photos are backed up to Microsoft One Drive, as Samsung Cloud no longer backs up photos. 

You could also check with Google Drive to see if your photos are there? 

mindlz
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
That's why i never rely on automated options to take care of my data. I only use those services out of convenience, not reliance.

If you were to lose your phone right now and not be able to access any storage you need or want from 7 days ago or less, without wifi and/or permanent loss with wifi, or in this person's case assume just having the phone ensures your data will be safe... i think those people need to learn how to live without a phone because they clearly cannot use it properly.
Never give a device that much power.

I love the, "Stop posting links."

C'mon. All they ever say on here is to clear your cache. Sweet. Let's regenerate some thumbnails.
0 Likes