Original topic:

No Internet access on Hotspot

(Topic created on: 03-20-2023 07:20 PM)
Hello999
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have an A11 and an A13 5G.  I can no longer get access to the Internet (on a separate device) when I put them into Hotspot mode.  I can connect to either phone when they are in Hotspot mode, but with no Internet access.  Both phones are on Fido but I do not believe it is a Fido issue.  I am quite confident this worked in the past.  I wonder if a recent upgrade has created a problem?

0 Likes
5 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, have you tried to perform Reset Network Settings?

If not, please follow the below steps and see if it helps to fix the issue.

Go to Settings, and then select General management >> Find and select Reset >> Choose Reset network settings >> Tap on the Reset settings button >> Tap on the Reset button.

Note: When you reset the network settings, the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth information connection are reset.

If that doesn't fix the issue, it could be a problem with your network provider. Please try to contact them once regarding the issue and they might help you further.

0 Likes
Hello999
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have followed your suggestions with no change.  I have reached out to my network provider (Fido) but have not had a response.  By what means can a network provider deny Hotspot access?  It would seem to be a device function (Hotspot application  > wireless application > network provider)

0 Likes
Hello999
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

By what means can a network provider deny Hotspot access on my Samsung phone?

0 Likes
Hello999
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have had no response, so I will ask again...  by what means can a network provider deny Hotspot access on my Samsung phone?

0 Likes
Hello999
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

hello?  hello?  I don't think my Samsung phone is working as I am not getting any response to my questions.  Is my question that difficult?  Out of bounds?  Don't know or don't have an answer?  Silence is not helpful.

0 Likes