Original topic:

NO SECURE FOLDER ANYWHERE ON A11

(Topic created on: 08-11-2021 11:39 AM)
Members_YmUqFT4
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi there -

So my A10 broke last month - the screen got smashed.  I have been using the secure folder for a year backing up hundreds of photos and other things -

I replaced the A10 with an A11.

Now when I went to find the SECURE FOLDER on the replacement phone - (both phones bought at Staples) I cannot find the Secure folder - and it's not under Biometrices and Security -  when I go to the Samsung store and the Play store  - there is no option anywhere to download the secure folder from Samsung

How do I rectify this - I need those pictures I backed up.   Thanks so much.

3 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hey Members_YmUqFT4,
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
As per the model number A11, the secure folder is not available so it is not possible to configure the secure folder on your phone.

Please follow the below steps and get back to us with the results.

However, You can recover photos/videos from your phone if you have already backed up them to a Samsung or Google account.
Please follow the steps below if you have already saved them to your Samsung account.
Go to settings >> Accounts and backup >> Samsung cloud >> Samsung cloud drive >> Images >> Select videos/photos >> Download.

Please follow the steps in the Google account.
Go to the Google folder >> Photos >> Tap a photo/video >> Add this file to your phone.

0 Likes
Members_YmUqFT4
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Thanks for your response - why is it restricted for use on the A11.. since it is a Samsung product???   I can use a 3rd party app now but would rather not since I had it established on the Samsung account.

0 Likes
Members_YmUqFT4
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Both methods revealed no photos -  they must still be on the old phone not backed up -  if that's the case 'smart switch' did not back them up.   How do I transfer by tethering the phone to my computer.. I can do that but cannot use the touch screen as it is broken. the phone still functions but no touch.  Only tether.  Please assist.

0 Likes