Original topic:

Samsung A71 Performance Goes down after OS Update

(Topic created on: 11-20-2020 03:33 PM)
aanhuang
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung and Users,

I was quite shocked about this OS update Software Version A715FXXU3ATJ2/A715FOLE3ATJ2/A715FXXU3AT15

Security Patch Level- October 1, 2020

So i bought Samsung A71 on November 17, 2020

Installed all apps and games that i needed and tried to run it, the battery drain was good i think

Then i tried to run Genshin Impact v1.1 that night, for 30 to 45 minutes

It was really smooth, the graphics, the audio, and the temperature was normal i suppose

Then before going to sleep, i update my software and left it overnight

In the morning, i restart my phone, clear the cache, check the patch notes, and tried to run severall apps, and then, run the same game i played the night before, Genshin Impact

But the performance went down severely

There were issues in audio, the in-game audio sounded like it was laggy and broken FPS Drop from before, too much lag compared to before software update

And the last thing i realize is the battery drain 100% in 07:00 AM, and it hit 50% on 13:00 PM, with no running background apps (already clear the cache and put to sleep) and several battery draining features already turned off, screen brightness in 5%

The only running apps was Whatsapp and Telegram

Any solution for these? Or is it really because of the OS update? Thank you

7 Comments
Stevejob
Active Level 5
Galaxy A
Yess im very happy to read it. Plis invest in my country
0 Likes
BanyakGaul
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
It could be because of the OS update. btw, what do you mean by clear cache? wipe cache partition from recovery mode? if you haven't, try it. and if it doesn't solve your issue. last thing, try to restore your device to factory state. some user reported it solve their device performance. Good luck. 😃
aanhuang
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Hello there

Thank you for your response

I was able to clear the cache manually from the settings menu, tried to delete each of the apps (storage) cache, then optimized my phone through the Device Care feature

I just did the hard reset, and I think, the problem is yet to be solved

I guess what's left is to restore my phone to factory state, I suppose

Thank you for your information, GBU  😀

BanyakGaul
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A
Wish you all the best
0 Likes
Moderator3
Options
Galaxy A

Halo kak aanhuang, i'm sorry to hear that. You can wait till the next update maybe there's fix update for your problem or you can try to wipe cache partition on recovery mode. please try it first, sorry for the inconveniences. hope it helps. :)

aanhuang
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Hello there

Thank you for your response

Yes, I guess I'm gonna wait till the next update because I'm hesitating to restore my phone to factory reset,

I haven't synchronized my phone yet, and I'm afraid all of my data will be gone

Is there any date-related info about the next update?

Thank you 😊

Marsiano
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

same as mine, mine also got fps drop on gaming after updating and i don't know what to do. sorry fo my bad english

0 Likes