Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy A53 Robotic Sound for video/voice calling via an app and Bluetooth in car

(Topic created on: 08-19-2022 05:51 AM)
Production001
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have a Samsung Galaxy A53 and I'm having two issues in regards to a robotic voice where myself or the other person on the other side sound like a robot.

The first is the other person on the other end of a voice call or video call using an app (ex. Whatsapp or Snapchat) sound like a robotic or a robot but the person on the other end can hear me just fine. I would then have to hang up and try calling again. The issue seems sporadic. It happens sometimes, not for all calls, but happens enough that it becomes really annoying. 

The second issue is when connecting my car via Bluetooth and making a call via my phone, the person on the other end can't hear me and that I sound robotic or like a robot to them. It's distorted. I can hear them just fine though. In this second issue, it happens for every call, not just sometimes like the first issue. This issue also happens if I call someone via the phone itself or someone calls me. I can hear music just fine though when connected to the Bluetooth in my car, Honda Civic. I've had several phones connected to my car via Bluetooth in the past without any issues at all so I know it's not a problem with my car.

The August 2022 update did not fix either of these issues as I've tested and I'm still having these issues. 

Samsung, please fix these issues asap. 

EDIT: Does anyone have Android 13 (One UI 5.0) update? If yes, do you still have this issue? I'm hoping it got fixed via this update. 

135 Comments
belgique
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Me too. A53 with Subaru. My A51 works perfect. 

olecrap
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Hello,I was on the phone this am Vancouver British Columbia with the engineering dept from the authorized repair company which Samsung told me to send my GalaxyA53 5g (re:Bluetooth robotic sounding) they checked my phone and told me the hardware is fine. THOUGH SAMSUNG IS WORK8NG ON A SOFTWARE UPDATE FOR THE ISSUE .So if that is somewhat of a relief I take it it is a waiting game.
douglas-1380
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

It is good new that they listened and admit that there is a problem at their end.

Nylah
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we would like to inform you that perform.

Bluetooth reset for this issue, (Go to Settings >>Apps>>tap on three horizontal lines with three Arrow down>>Enable show system Apps>> go to Bluetooth app>>Storage clear data).

Production001
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi Nylah, I just tried clearing the Bluetooth storage as per your instructions above but the second issue remains. I've also factory reset my phone previously and both issues remain as well. 

This also wouldn't solve the first issue, however, I believe both issues to be related. 

Can you please escalate this to Samsung as this issue has been ongoing for months now since the Galaxy A53 phone has been released and a lot of others have this issue currently as well?

Nylah
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, we suggest you to contact our Live chat team, so that they will access the phone remotely and help you to solve the issue.

Here is the link for the Live chat. https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/#contactinfo

Production001
Active Level 2
Galaxy A

Hi Nylah, the fix to the issue requires a software update. Can you please escalate this to Samsung so that it can be officially tracked as an issue and a software update fix released for it?

Many others are experiencing this issue such as another post below.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a/galaxy-a53-bluetooth-issue-in-car/td-p/16810068/page/8

Nylah
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, could you please check if your phone is up to date or not if not please update your phone.

To update your mobile device's software, follow these steps:

Step 1. Go to Settings > Software update.
Step 2. Tap on Download and install.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

And also do clear cache as suggested earlier as well for fixing this issue:
Open Settings, and then tap Apps.

Tap the Sort icon (the down arrow with three vertical bars), then tap Show system apps.
Tap OK and all the system apps will appear in the list. Tap Bluetooth > Storage > Clear data.
Tap OK to confirm.

olecrap
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
There are many and they have no answer .Samsung eeven had me send my A53 5g back to their engineers in Ontario to repair the phone and they said there was nothing wrong .They was told to put the outcome on the ticket .

NO TROUBLE FOUND

This is just blatantly staying away from the truth that they have no fix .

From what I have been told it is not the firmware from their authorized engineers though a software update is required