Original topic:

Bluetooth keeps failing after update

(Topic created on: 01-01-2023 11:00 AM)
HippyMommy
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
I've only had the A53 5g a few weeks and since the latest update, my Bluetooth keeps failing to connect to my devices. I've tried restarting, as well as resetting connections, but it will only work once or twice before failing.
Really regretting getting this on phone and considering going back to my old s10
0 Likes
17 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

You could always backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. 

Have you tried Un-Pairing & Pairing your devices again? 

0 Likes
HippyMommy
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Yeah, but it seems to be the Bluetooth signal that doesn't work. Even trying a diagnostic just results in forever spinning balls....
I'm doubtful a factory reset would help since I'd still have to do the update.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

If you're thinking that a Factory Reset removes any OTAs, you are incorrect. 

I Factory Reset after EVERY Android Version Update. 

So there's no update that you would have available to repeat the download / install. 

olecrap
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
This is a software issue that i am aware of reasoning Samsung had me send my GalaxyA53 5g to their authorized engineers back in Markham Ontario. THEY CHECKED THE HARDWARE and that is fine .THOUGH upon the Bluetooth issue they tell me Samsung has to update the software for these GalaxyA53 5g cell phones It does not matter what they have to told you recently. Nothing will resolve the issue UNTIL THE NEW UPDATE from Samsung .
0 Likes
Timmy19
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Mee too. Sine update I've been unable to connect to or locate available devices. I've randomly been able to reestablish the connection to my car but it seems like recharging phone or something causes connection issues to reoccur. Hugely frustrating.
0 Likes
HippyMommy
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Especially when there's no input jack and forced to rely on Bluetooth to work!
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy A

Hi we suggest you to please perform wipe cache partition and check the issue.

Below are the steps to perform wipe cache partition.

1.Turn off the unit.

2.Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button. When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).

3.Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition".

4.Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted.

5.Press the Power button to reboot the unit.

Even after performing the above steps if your issue is not resolved, please perform back up and factory reset by following the steps in the given links.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-back-up-and-restore-data/

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/

Members_SPpxtID
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I've been having the same problem after the last update. Tried all the various fixes, some worked but only temporarily. Wiping the cache partition just fixed the problem, for now. Hopefully this sticks because a factory reset is a huge pain in the **bleep** if this a software update issue. Will keep you posted if problem recurs. 

0 Likes
Members_SPpxtID
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

It worked for exactly 1 week and now again cannot connect Bluetooth. Very frustrating. Will see if wipe partition buys me another week but this is obviously not a solution. This phone is only about 8 months old btw.

0 Likes