Original topic:

Samsung Service leaving much to be desired

(Topic created on: 12-01-2020 12:28 PM)
StampederGTA
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Boy, do I have a story to tell. If you own or are thinking about owning a Samsung device, this one's definitely for you.

Let me preface this by saying I've been Samsung loyal for years. I've been a vocal promoter for the brand. And when I upgraded my phone to the A70, I was thrilled. It was a great device, worked just fine, did everything I wanted it to.

Until it didn't. After a few months, the problems started. Well, one main one. The phone would suddenly stop charging. No matter what charging cord was plugged in, it wouldn't recognize the charger cord. Thought okay, maybe it's the charging port. Tried jiggling it around because we all know that usually works, right? Nope, not this time around. So I brought it in to my provider, because I pay the extra money each month for the additional coverage. What did all that extra money each month get me? They refused to give me a loaner phone (because of this lovely pandemic we're in) and gave me a card to go to a local U Break I Fix to get 10% off the cost of the repair.

I took it to the shop and what's the first thing the tech tells me? "It's not the charging port, it's the motherboard." Well, that shocked the hell out of me but I did what he suggested and call Samsung Support. And this, ladies and gents, is where the ordeal truly began.

I called up Samsung Support and after going back and forth with an agent for the better part of an hour, I was finally told to bring it to the Mobile Clinic in Square One. Great, I thought- this is within walking distance. I can get this fixed right away. Awesome, right? They handed it back two hours later and told me it was fixed. Problem solved.

Until it happened again approximately a week later. Obviously they had NOT fixed the problem. So I figured next step up would be to go right to the source...the Samsung Experience Store. If anyone can fix it, they can, right? They kept the phone overnight and told me the next day it was good and the issue wouldn't be coming back.

Until it did ten days later. Hope you're keeping track, because this is the second time I've brought this phone in for repair, the second time they've told me it's fixed.

Called in again, and this time I was a little steamed. After a very animated exchange with another agent, I got myself up to Executive Customer Relations. Finally, someone who can get this resolved. Until they told me to mail it in to the service center in Markham so they can look at it and try to repair the device. We'll have it back to you in about two weeks, they said. Two weeks in the middle of a pandemic without a phone. Not much of an option. Nothing else they can do. I'd expect that from a Care agent, not from someone who's supposed to be in Executive Customer Relations. These are supposed to be the last line of defense, the ones who are going to say, "Okay, we WILL get this resolved." As you can guess, I had some choice words for that agent and decided to take matters into my own hands. I went to the Customer Service Center right here in town. They were friendly and took the phone, said they'd have it back the same day. And true to their word, they did. Wow... could this mean that MAYBE there's a reason to think about trusting Samsung again??

Less than two weeks later, I got my answer when the same thing happened. AGAIN.

Once again, back into the Service Center. Now keep in mind this is yesterday we're talking about. Once again, they got it back to me same day, said if anything else happens with this phone, call Support and get transferred to Head Office, because at that point with four repair attempts on this same device with no resolution, exchange is the next option.

And true to form, what do you think happened this morning? Not even 24 hours after getting it back from the service center. You guessed it. So back on the phone I go. Waiting...waiting... and getting the EXACT same response as I've gotten every other time. I explain what I'd been told at the Service Center and after spending about 10 minutes on hold, I get put in touch with an Executive Customer Relations agent who tells me... wait for it... THE EXACT SAME THING. They'll escalate this and I'll hear back in a couple of days. I already know what the email is going to say, because I'm willing to bet it's the same thing the last one did. "We cannot replace, only repair."

Suffice it to say, I have lost all respect for Samsung as a company. If they can't make this right, I will never again own a Samsung device or recommend Samsung to ANYONE. Someone who has been a vocal promoter for this brand will provide just as much energy to be as vocal a detractor for this company. Huawei, LG, Google... there's other options.

For so long I've had one name on my personal blacklist. After this, one more name may just have to be added.

6 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
I've had two samsung flagship S line of devices and luckily for me I've haven't had any issues so far. but I will be perfectly honest this is a legitimate fear of mine having to deal with this sort of thing. because I know samsung doesn't replace defective devices which they should from the get go.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy A

Hey StampederGTA,
Thanks for sharing your experience here. We will consider it as valuable feedback.

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
I just wanna say I have been apart of this community now for a few years. in my few years i have seen an alarming number of these types of feed back of samsung's repair programs and services. this shouldn't happen period..... what samsung is doing currently is crap. like I said earlier it's very alarming to me as a current customer that is concerning what device to get in the near future.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy A
I strongly feel that maybe samsung should maybe make the policy they will try to fix the defective device one. which isn't unreasonable, then if the device is still having the issue. then replace the device with a new one.
titgars
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
was about to call samsung for a replacement, think ill call consumer proctection instead :)
Drakoss
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A
That is very surprising as I simply had a crack in my screen and had the extra 9$ a month insurance plan and they didn't have my device so they not only gave me a new phone but upgraded me from galaxy a20 to a galaxy a51, which I had to pay an extra 100$ for but well worth it in my humble opinion. But man I feel for you what a nightmare, and to lose your phone during this time over and over again. I completely understand why you are pissed.
0 Likes