Original topic:

Samsung warranty is a scam

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 11:16 PM)
Members_mxBt9Ji
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Samsung,

I have had Samsung phones for over a decade. My recent experience, I will never again.

My Samsung Galaxy A90 screen recently went. It was on a flat surface. Spotify was playing up. I picked up the phone and swiped, then the screen started flickering. I restarted it then it was blank.

It was 22 months into it’s 24 month warranty. I took it into Samsung to get repaired. Firstly, at the Samsung store, I was mucked around because they didn’t like the format of the proof of purchase Telstra had given. This caused me a lot of running around back and forth from Samsung and Telstra. Finally, the phone was sent away. They got back to me and said the phone had water damage, so it voided the warranty. That phone did not have any water damage. It was always kept in a cover. I don’t know where this water is supposed to have come from. Samsung wouldn’t listen at all, they just kept repeating the same thing.

Samsung warranty is nothing but a scam!!! There was no liquid or water anywhere near that phone!!  it's just an excuse so you don't have to honour your warranty. People, beware!!

12 Comments
kweezy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
SO How do you protect yourself with a warranty? Is having a warranty going to help.
kjt55
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
You should try asking the Samsung Australia site. This is the Canadian samsung site
0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy A

Hi, 24 months is the carrier agreement period, manufacture warranty is for only 12 months.

0 Likes
XtBudda
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
Not surprising...I just got a water damage error with my fold 3 after plugging it in the cars adapter.
Tried all the fixes out there , even reset the phone. Went away for a bit and today plugging it in again , gave water damage error.
I absolutely didn't have this phone near water as I paid over 2k for it and take care of my stuff...it's a sensor issue, software or a bad port. And if it's the port , it wasn't from abuse as I know how to plug in a cable.
I'll be sending it in Monday but I won't be impressed if they say it's water damage and my warranty is voided.
Galaxy A
I just noticed warranty mentioned here -there have been a few problems with this a21 samsung cell phone -I tried to get help - sent in questions and report info for volume problems usb socket problems with the original cord - cell phone getting very hot - called Samsung- tried to speak with Canada tech support ended up 1x with Canada tech support - eventually went to the klinik (?) Store repair as recommended by samsung support over phone - the usb was very loose IS VERY LOOSE STILL because the store says go buy another cable WHY DO WE HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER CABLE ITS NOT EVEN A YEAR OLD??? WHY NOT FIX THE USB SOCKET ? ITS UNDER WARRANTY they want customers to show up when NO WARRANTY on your samsung product to have customer pay more for repairs. The store that I was sent to did zero to repair the loose socket didnt offer cord replacement but blamed SAMSUNGS CORD. Im so disappointed in Samsung and their tv sitting here they do not care - a tv that got very hot over 100 a fire risk should have been recalled & not energy star as it stated on the tv. Very let fown by samsung - just got this phone last summer. Many problems I noticed like you can't hear the caller or person you call unless its on speaker - this is not right. It suddenly shuts down not in automated restart, it hangs , cache cookies web browser cleaned memory cleaned.
Photos should save to sd card but dont. Apps moved to sd card dont stay there - they move back to the phone some how.
Never had these problems with BB or Apple IPhone - very disappointed with being put off for warranty covered repairs - the agenda seems to make the customer pay for repairs by sending them away telling them the device is fine but its not & when they the repair store samsung sent us to ....says to you its a cheap cell phone of Samsung what do you expect ? What are we to do ??? Samsung canada support on twitter is the OPPOSITE OF SUPPORTIVE - Samsung USA wants to help but says they cant they are only for USA PRODUCT - A RISK TO BUY ANYTHING MADE BY SAMSUNG it appears Samsung Canada has other agendas and customer service and the warranty work is being dodged avoided in many shapes and forms by Samsung.
Apple sent replacement cords even after warranty. Samsung cord or plug in the wall gets very hot with SAMSUNG original cord that is stiff seems old but with newer cell phone - the cell phone became very warm to touch when charging - who needs a fire risk ? Samsung use to be good with support and warranty but not any more it seems Samsung has gone in a strange direction.
0 Likes
jmcnamar
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Yes! Same thing just happened to me. 

My A53 started, still under warranty, started experiencing power on/off issues. I sent it in for repair. Samsung claimed that the phone had PBA (motherboard) damage so the warranty is void. There was absolutely no damage to this phone prior to experiencing issues. None. Now they want me to pay $237 to fix a phone that I feel should be under warranty. I feel like they are holding my phone hostage, and I'm powerless to do anything. 

I've seen MANY other posts describing similar experiences where phones are sent in for issues, and the verdict comes back as PBA damage, warranty expired.

Will Samsung even see this post?

0 Likes
Leemitch
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

I had a pixel go out on the screen they said it wasn’t covered cause the hinge on the phone had a ding witch wasn’t true also has nothing to do with the pixel going out so they won’t cover it. Lost a customer for life and my family, and everybody I know I make sure to tell them how bad and scammy Samsung is 

0 Likes
tannermorley
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

Samsung warranty is absolutely a scam, and I will be posting on every possible forum.  I have 7 days left in my warranty period, and every time I plug the phone in it tells me that it is overheating.  The Samsung authorized repair location locally told me that the motherboard (PCB) was bad, but that it was still under warranty so not to worry. I opened a ticket, and had the phone shipped back to Texas repair facility.  They just charged me $464, because "warranty only covers software issues".  I did not only buy software from you, I bought a phone.  I am angrier than I have ever been at a device manufacturer, and will never buy another Samsung product.  Stand behind your products!!!!!

0 Likes
Wizzkidy
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

I have just had this happen to me with my monitor. It just stopped powering up 2 weeks ago. It was 16 months old so I sent it off for repair under the warranty.

They called me and said it had liquid damage?? It's never been anywhere near any liquid. They won't fix it and want me to pay for it and I refuse because I never caused any liquid damage.

I raised a complaint and they didn't care and wouldn't help me what so ever.

TOTAL SCAM company and now I am left without a monitor, I will be reporting to trading standards 

0 Likes