Original topic:

sound skipping

(Topic created on: 03-18-2019 09:41 PM)
JruGordon
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A
Does anyone know when/if the issue with sound skipping on the Galaxy A8-2018 (SM-A530W) might get resolved? 
0 Likes
5 Comments
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
What exactly do you mean by sound skipping? Like, your speaker is crackly? There's been a few reports of that so I'm assuming that it's a defect from the factory, unless you have water damage. How old is the phone?
JruGordon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
it's not "crackly", the audio just cuts out for about half a second, it happens quite often when using the YouTube, Periscope, playing a game, or watching videos embedded in Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or WhatsApp. It only happens when my battery is above 73%.

I got my phone in late November 2018, but sending it away for warranty service is not an option as i don't have another phone to use.
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
That's odd, I can't picture it being a problem with the apps, as that would be a lot of companies with lots of bugs to fix. You could try clearing all of those apps' caches but it's most likely an internal problem with the speaker. You could try a can of compressed air, and clean it, but looks like you might probably need a new phone. Hopefully that helps, lol.
0 Likes
JruGordon
Active Level 1
Galaxy A
i've cleared all the caches, my speaker is cleared of dust etc... this never happens during a phone call. I did some research and found it's an issue with this phone, specifically after downloading the November security patch
0 Likes
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy A
Hmm, well then if it's a software update needed, then you should watch for upcoming updates to fix it. That should be available on the website of your service provider 👍
0 Likes