Original topic:

WiFi 6e ?

(Topic created on: 10-15-2022 12:03 PM)
felicem
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Books
Hi All,

Just purchased the Samsung Galaxy Book2 Pro 360 NP930QED-KA1CA, Intel Core i5-1240P.

Installed latest Windows updates as well as Samsung ones. However my Galaxy Book2 doesn't see the 6Ghz SSID (802.11ax) from my ASUS GT-AXE11000 router. Seen some posts on the internet about installing some very old driver in the Intel AX210/AX211 ... I'm not a big fan of going backwards :).

Wondering if anyone out there in the community has managed to connect wirelessly with WiFi 6e 6Ghz SSID with this notebook ?

Thank you !
/Felice
27 Comments
felicem
Active Level 3
Galaxy Books
The support experience from Samsung has been appalling... I'm returning this laptop hopefully will not have same issues with an ASUS equivalent... thanks for your help Tallman 👍
felicem
Active Level 3
Galaxy Books
FYI I managed to get my hands on a Galaxy Tab S8+. I finally connected with my 6Ghz SSID.
0 Likes
Galaxy Books
Did you changed anything? Or Tab8+ connected right away?
0 Likes
felicem
Active Level 3
Galaxy Books
Did not change a thing on my router.
Yes tab8+ connected right away during initial setup.
0 Likes
felicem
Active Level 3
Galaxy Books
My take is book2 has some windows 11 issue preventing it to connect with 6Ghz
0 Likes
Legends
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

I'm having the same issue with my galaxy book 2 pro 360  not able to find the 6Ghz band. 

0 Likes
felicem
Active Level 3
Galaxy Books
Yeah not sure how they can advertise wifi 6e for this laptop. I think it's a windows 11 issue. But gave up and returned it. Good luck. If you find a resolution please share.
0 Likes
Legends
Active Level 1
Galaxy Books

I can connect to the 6GHz band on my Samsung Galaxy Book 2 Pro 360. I believe it was after I updated the driver in Windows update or Samsung Update Application which I believe was version 1.0.0.8 which I believe was named Samsung System Event Controller which handles "Samsung System Event Controller handles System event signal". so if anyone has been having trouble make sure see if updating will fix the issue.

0 Likes