Original topic:

Ads in First Party Apps on Galaxy Devices

(Topic created on: 08-28-2020 06:32 PM)
Scaryspikes
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I have owned many Samsung (and other) products over the last two decades and I have never experienced something like this before. I wanted to post here to see if anyone else experiences the same frustrations as me and to show Samsung that people care about this topic. 

I have been a Samsung customer since the S3, and my first note device was the Note 2. 

Only since the Note 10+ have I noticed the incredibly intrusive ads for Samsung products inside of Samsung's own first-party applications like health, pay, members end game launcher.

The advertisements are obnoxiously large and they usually have nothing to do with what the application does. in many of these apps you have the option to turn direct marketing off, and that request has to be respected in Canada. It's the law. so Samsung wouldn't send you something by email if you requested them not to do so but yet they think they can get away with putting these gigantic ads at the top of the apps that you already paid for. 

I recently replaced my Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus with a note 20 ultra and I'm experiencing the same issues. why should I have advertisements in first-party apps by the same company who made the phone and designed the software when I have already paid $2,300 for my device?

I understand that advertisements exist naturally within market places such as Galaxy apps and the Google Play store. but in my opinion they have absolutely no place in first party apps.

when I contacted Samsung about this the only straight answer I got in the sea of copy and paste replies was that these are not ads, but instead, our suggestions for what to pair your phone with in different apps. Such as the advertisement for a Galaxy watch inside of Samsung health.

That's absolutely ridiculous, no other company treats their customers this way. I have never used any first party application over the many phones that I have owned over the last two decades I have never experienced such greed. As if spending $2,300 wasn't enough I am being forced to look at advertisements for other products that I am not interested in. It's both a waste of time and money and most importantly, it breaks the law in my country. It is a form of direct advertisement which oncw opted out of should cease immediately.

I just wanted to know how the rest of the community felt around these advertisements and what other experiences other people may have had. I'm sure that I'm not the only one, and I think Samsung needs to hear our collective voice that these kinds of ads are not acceptable in first party applications for which we pay thousands of dollars. 

Thanks for your time and your input.
11 Comments
Scaryspikes
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Scaryspikes
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
by the way if anyone hear does feel the same way don't be shy and post comment and please make sure to share the post with your friends who may also feel the same way. there's only one way that we can make Samsung aware that our community doesn't like these kinds of practices. thanks in advance to everyone for their input 🙂
0 Likes