Original topic:

Alarm tile in the notification swipe down panel

(Topic created on: 09-14-2018 05:46 AM)
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
so I did search the forums before posting :)) and I found a post that guides on how to download a batch file to add more tiles to the top notification swipe down panel.

I am a really new Android user and I think that it is super complicated for me to try. Don't want to mess something up on the new phone!

is there another way to add extra tiles on the top swipe down? the 2 I need is alarm and mobile data and that is how I came across the link to fish 😋 TIA
0 Likes
19 Comments
RichMan1
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately there's no way. Carriers force Samsung to not add Data tile tile to notification panel. You have to use those files and adb to it.
But you can add alarm tile using some 3rd party apps.
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
😭😭
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Check out System UI Tuner (requires adb) and Quick Toggles (requires adb) if you don't want to use the xds adb for the Data Toggle - It's not exactly the same - but it's quick & dirty way to add a good alternative to getting the Data Toggle on the QS Tiles 🐧a85a1186-59c6-4b39-81f4-d7a2e807e68c.jpg
9cc0575c-0658-4a6a-b297-929268bb7e6f.jpg
6e233e19-0cc4-4a0e-95bb-22fc63fd1f3f.jpg
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
that looks neat but so complicated for me... I am already scared ... I don't know how to do this lol
0 Likes
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
so the option to turn on the tuner by long pressing the gear icon is gone?
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
It's not as complicated as it looks - The above screen shots are the result of using System UI Tuner & Quick Toggles - And there IS a lot that can be done without Root using adb commands (worth learning how 😉)!
Not sure what you mean by "turn on the tuner"?
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I was searching on Google and found an article that said if we long press the gear from the top pull down menu about 5 seconds it turns on the system UI tuner.

Is there a simple guide to the ADB commands? the link I found with XDA is really confusing me..I do want to try and learn
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Have a look here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2141817

You will also need to download the Samsung USB Drivers to your computer - This link is an excellent place to start 🐧
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
thank u so much!! I shall report back soon!!
0 Likes