Original topic:

Android 10 Lag on Note10+

(Topic created on: 01-07-2020 11:39 AM)
ziom
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Has anyone else seen noticeable Lag after updating to Android 10 in the galaxy s10 or Note10+.

Using the samsung launcher, there is lag when scrolling through the app drawer and multitasking.

I have tried, 
cleaning my dalvik cache
Removing my SD card
Updating all apps for android 10
And performing the built in device care optimization 

I think a performance update is needed to take care of this.

The multitasking lag becomes worse during the day until phone is restarted. 

Update 31012020: I finally decided to factory reset my phone. This did not work. I use nova launcher and uninstalled it as well. Lag still remains.

I have found that the lag only appears after about 20+ apps are in the recent apps menu. However this issue did not happen in Android 9. What is also interesting my moms s10 exhibits the same behaviour.

Further I have gone into developer options and when I set Animator level from 1x to 0x, the lag is gone. This is the only solution. However the downside to this is that instead of animations of loading wheels or progress bars, there is just a static circular arrow. I hope Samsunf fixes this issue.
31 Comments
ziom
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
update 04022020. I finally got rid of the lag. I installed the Samsung Goodlock app from the Galaxy app store and installed the task changer plugin. I then set my task manager to be displayed as a grid. but you can change it to any style.

the Goodlock app and plugin are designed by Samsung. this leads me to believe there is something wrong with the stock animation know the app switcher.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note

Using Android 9

Did the suggested Changed my animation from 1x to none(because no 0x shows)

Lag still very terrible

Completely unacceptable!

0 Likes