Original topic:

android 11 and split screen

(Topic created on: 01-13-2021 06:14 PM)
IamIan33
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
My Note 20 ultra just got upgraded to android 11. I often use the split screen feature but w/ the new upgrade,  there is a change. 

Instead of accessing an already open app, I am being directed to the apps edge to choose the 2nd app. 

This is disappointing ... how can I access an already open app? Perhaps I am missing something or some setting. I'd appreciate some help. 
Ian
7 Comments
Galaxy Note
Yes, it changed. I think you need to click the all apps icon to choose other apps.

Screenshot_20210113-213701_Apps_10042.jpg

IamIan33
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
thanks. thought I was crazy 🤪
So it is not possible to flip to the left or right and get to 1 of the apps I already have open? Sure hope there's a setting to permit the original action ...
Galaxy Note
I tried, but found nothing. You are not alone. I like the old way. More easier.
0 Likes
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I believe this would help. It's the method I use. Tap the Open Apps icon at the bottom left of your screen and you will have access to all open applications. You roll to left or right and jump between applications.

Screenshot_20210114-033242_Samsung Members_1950.jpg

Screenshot_20210114-033944_One UI Home.jpg

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, I would like to inform you that the Split view feature is updated for consistent component style on the device. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on this new feature update.

0 Likes
IamIan33
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
disappointing that this functionality has been sacrificed for the sake of "consistent component style"
jcm
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
deleting features people used every day for "consistency" is just about the worst explanation I can imagine. this says a lot about Samsung as a company, sadly.
0 Likes