Options
Galaxy Note

The bottom part I don't understand what it means?? I'm confused 😕

Help me out 
10 Comments
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
it means don't play videos and or games with your phone plugged in and continuously charging.
0 Likes
OlytheGoalie
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
perhaps leaving it on the charger overnight or for long periods of time?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I don't think that there's anything wrong with leaving the phone plugged into the charger overnight, but leaving the phone connected to the charger for days on end isn't a good idea. 

There's software designed to stop charging once the phone is fully charged. 

What isn't recommended is to drain the battery to zero frequently & then fully charge. 

I believe that Samsung suggests plugging in the charger at around 20% 

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
yup.. the phone will stop charging if it reaches 100%.. but then standby mode can also discharge battery, sonif the phone is not 100% it will charge again. i guess your phone doing this everytime may decrease your battery's life span.

allow your phone to use its battery, let it discharge for atleast 20% before charging again.

there are studies that battery's lifespan increases by letting your battery below 90% anf abovr 20%.. just my opinion.. :) havr a great day.
PigFarmer
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
These phones use LiPo batteries and they don't like to be overcharged. Charging heats up the battery and dries the chemical composition overtime.
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi iAnderson199214,
Yes, the phone will stop charging if it reaches 100%. As mentioned by h0h0h0, please disconnect the phone from the wall outlet and then play videos or games with your phone. On much older types of batteries, the advice used to be to discharge them completely. This is not the case for modern smartphone batteries. Completely discharging the battery on your device may reduce its life.
It's best not to let your battery go under 20%.
Thank you all for sharing your information.

Galaxy Note
sometimes but rarely I recharge it at 10-15 % is that ok or not recommended
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi iAnderson199214,

To get the most out of your smartphone's battery, you'll need to charge it properly.

Most Smartphones have a lithium-ion battery that lives longer when charged regularly. Unlike the nickel batteries used in older phones, lithium-ion batteries do best when kept above a 50 percent charge. Repeatedly allowing the battery to drain fully may shorten its life and decrease its overall capacity. 

If this happens, you'll need to charge the battery more frequently and it may last only a few hours before needing a charge, for example.

Leaving the phone connected to the charger (when the phone is completely charged) while you are using it may lower battery life if you do it repeatedly.

If rarely you are charging your phone when its battery percentage falls to 10-15 % then it's not an issue. Recommended is to charge your phone before reaching 20%.

Galaxy Note
when charging from 15-20% to 100% when unplug the charger the battery care give me up to 19 hours of battery life left