waqqas31
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy Note
4 Comments
GodlessOrigin
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Lol oh Canada 🤣. Always last 😅. This update was available even in small countries like Kenya last week. Most of the world has this already. This is the reason I NEVER use Canadian roms ever. Sticking to U1
0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Did you flash your Canadian unit with U1 firmware and if so, do you get OTA updates (the normal way?)
0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
I used to hold similar grudges, but with this latest update, I may be ready to finally bury the hatchet.

I stuck with Canadian ROMs because only they provide full Samsung Pay compatibility for Canadian banks (credit + debit) and even though they come to the party a bit late, they are usually less buggy than their global counterparts. Last but not least, if Android 12 is packing eSIM as expected, I will finally have the best of both worlds with dual SIM and 5G (that works in Canada) in one device.

Oh one more thing: Canadian units are covered by Samsung Canada 😜
0 Likes
GodlessOrigin
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Not a grudge but a preference. Im so sorry you take grudges with inanimate objects.
Yes, I always flash with U1 since the S8+. S pay has worked for me with all my Canadian banks since note 10 one UI3.
I get all the security patches and features without much bloatware. I've had the esim since I got the Note 20 and flashed the U1. But when one ui 3.1 the esim option disappeared.
When I got the one ui 4 beta the esim option is back. Never had any issues but always got updates weeks ahead of Canada.
5g works in Canada my uwb works. Everything works flawlessly except I get updates much faster and get some of the US-only features if they are not Sim regionally locked.
I've gotten all my updates OTA always except when I flashed the U1 manually.

My unit is covered by Samsung Canada and I can fix all my software problems myself. Physical problems I just flash it back to w8 Canadian rom and get Samsung to fix it as always.
0 Likes