Original topic:

Messages App Glitching

(Topic created on: 01-22-2020 06:33 AM)
ShabbaRocks
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
My Messages app is randomly glitching by sending a text message that I have sent back to me. It is also randomly changing the order of messages within a text thread as well. Any suggestions for how to fix this? 
0 Likes
7 Comments
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
maybe try long press app>appinfo>storage>clear cache>clear data

restart device
patquinn
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
For the order of message: Setting--General management-Time and date-- Automatic time and date: on
0 Likes
ShabbaRocks
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
OK thanks. I'll try both if those items.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @ShabbaRocks,

Could you run through when this happened and what happened? Having the randomly changing order of messages is normally an issue of making sure the automatic time and date is turned on(see @patquinn's comment). As for the sending text messages back to you, is there anything that happens in between you sending the message and receiving it back?

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
ShabbaRocks
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I think turning on the automatic time and date will be the fix for the order of messages in a thread. As for the texts I send being sent to me as well, the texts come in right away after I send them out. I'm hopeful the clear cache and data suggestion above will help.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @ShabbaRocks,

Are the texts showing up as notifications? Or are they arriving in your inbox? 

If you can, it would be great if you could share some examples/screenshots so we have a better idea of how to help you :]

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
ShabbaRocks
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Texts appear as notifications and in the app. It is very random though. If it happens again I'll add a screenshot.
0 Likes