Original topic:

Quick launch camera sometimes goes directly into Pro Video instead of Camera mode

(Topic created on: 11-26-2021 01:16 PM)
corporatei
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note

For the Samsung Note 10+, sometimes when I double click the power button for the Quick Launch of the camera app, it spontaneously goes into Pro Video instead of the default  Camera mode.  The setting where it shows "Remember Last Mode" is turned off.

For example, when I try to take some photos in succession (take photo, then turn off phone screen, then quick launch, take picture, then turn off phone screen, then repeats the process itself), that is when this problem happens.

0 Likes
12 Comments
Ianin
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note

After some more experimenting, I found that sometimes when the quick launch setting for "Remember Last Mode" is enabled, my camera app sometimes spontaneously goes into Pro video mode, not even when the app is open. However, this only happens when the camera app has already been launched at least once before I launch it again. My problem was solved by going to Settings -> More Settings -> Apps -> Camera and turning off the camera app so it was unable to launch again by mistake. However, I am not sure if turning off the camera app completely was the root cause of the problem. I hope my answers and comments help other people.

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, We request you to reset the camera app and check if the issue still persists. Open the camera app. Go to Settings. Scroll down and tap on reset camera settings.

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hi Georgine,

I have reset the camera settings, and cleared the cache inside Camera app.  For now, I think it resolved the problem.

How come I have to reset camera settings?

0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Gald to know that the issue is resolved. Could you please monitor and keep us posted if you have the same issue again.
As you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on ""Accept as Solution"" and help others with the same query."

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hello, actually the situation is not resolved.  The problem appears to come back, if the quick launch is used frequently in a short period of time.

0 Likes
Reynaud
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, here are the steps to reset camera settings.

Reset the camera application

Open the Camera application, then tap Settings.

Swipe and tap Reset settings, then tap Reset.

0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Hi Reynaud, I just upgraded to android 12 so I will see if this problem still exist.
0 Likes
corporatei
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hello, the problem is still there.  It is not fixed.

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, can you confirm if the issue happened after an update?

0 Likes