Original topic:

"Do not disturb!" (aka DnD)

(Topic created on: 04-15-2024 04:35 PM)
Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Do to so many scammers & phishing calls, I've subscribed to a call answering App named "Hiya" which for the past few years have been very happy with. But recently & I suppose due to upgrade changes, with my phone set to "do not disturb" notification sounds don't work. ie like when I plug in my charger, the phone is set with a simple sound, on DnD, this sound is also muted. 
Is there any way to have notification sounds etc to be played whilst on DnD? I'm 77 yrs young handicapped and dislike talking on phone except for family and friends. I had a minor stroke one year ago that has effected my speech construction which at times makes it sound like I'm stuttering, whereas my closest friends and my family know how to prompt me in completing a phrase or sentence. Thanks a bunch for your help with this matter. 
Also How do I upgrade my phone's Android #, bought phone from a store online that is NOT my service provider & because I purchased an brand new phone online they won't upgrade! Again much thanks. Kudos to Samsung for the great equipment!!! Unless something serious happens, I will not have change my 700 series TV coupled to a series 900 Soundbar HW-Q900C with Woofer . This gives me great sound overall as well as more Bass than I've ever had before. Won't be changing this system any time in the near future. I'm so glad that I have stuck it out with Samsung since I purched my original Note 4, which is still in use today as I gave it to my baby sister about a year ago. Sorry once again this Oldbroad got carried away with chatting. 

1 Comment
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I am not sure if you knew, but Hiya is included and free with most Samsung phones.

Screenshot_20240415_205708.jpg

You can find this in the Dialer's Settings.  

*EDITED* 

What was I thinking, yes you can get System Notifications for things like Battery Full.  BUT for Battery Full / Low you need to use a 3rd party app, I use Ampere from the Play Store & set up the Audio Notifications within Ampere & then allow Ampere to Ignore DND. 

Screenshot_20240415_211848.jpg

Go to Settings & Search for Do Not Disturb & Click on it & then Click on "Apps" & Select the apps that you want to ALLOW Notifications from when DND is on 

Screenshot_20240415_210225.jpg

What is the model number of your phone, ie: SM-xxxxx? 

If you purchased your phone from Amazon, Ebay etc, it's possible that you purchased a Non Canadian device, which is likely why the Android version hasn't been updated, if one is available.

Android version updates, don't come from the Canadian Carriers, they come directly from Samsung Canada's Servers.