Original topic:

Restart auto reboot

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 08:56 PM)
Jay108
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Phone keeps rebooting, tried everything including factory reset, nothing seems to be working. I am seriously losing confidence in the quality of Samsung devices. Anyone know how to resolve this? Seems like a bug in the software 
7 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
It could also be one of your apps that's misbehaving. Restart your phone in safe mode and see if the rebooting stops. If it doesn't reboot in safe mode, it's most probably one of your apps. Do you remember installing an app when this started?
0 Likes
Jay108
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I tried rebooting in safe mode, problem still persists. I also ran the factory reset, same issue.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, It might be because of the updates as well. Please check if your device is updated. If not try to download updates manually.

On your device, navigate to and open Settings.

Swipe to and then tap Software update or System updates.

It will vary between models.

Tap Download and install, or Check for system updates.

If an update is available it will begin downloading, though you may need to tap Download now on some devices.

When the download is complete follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.

0 Likes
Jay108
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Tried that as one of my troubleshooting steps, did not work unfortunately...
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, We suggest you get the device examined by the technician to get it repaired. I request you please reach out to live chat support by using the link below and they will help you with the service ticket. Please make sure you keep the pictures and BOS(Bill Of Sale) handy for review. www.samsung.com/ca/livechat Samsung is offering Door to Door service:

For In-warranty: We will arrange a convenient and safe pick-up service solution at your home. Contact us at 1-800-SAMSUNG, LIVE CHAT or text WECARE (932273) and we will assist in diagnosing your device through Samsung Remote Service. We will also arrange service pick-up and delivery if repair is required and will clean your product prior to delivery. If service pick-up is required, you will receive a FedEx shipping waybill from our agents via email. Once you have received your waybill, please schedule a convenient pick-up time for your device at your home by calling FedEx at 1-800-GoFedEx (1-800-463-3339). The health and safety of our customers, employees and partners remain our top priority. For all services requiring pick-up and delivery, please see https://www.fedex.com/en-ca/coronavirus.html for details on how FedEx is responding to COVID-19. Samsung will pay for the cost of shipping by FedEx from your home to the service centre and from the service back to your home. For repairs that are under the manufacturer’s warranty, there is no charge for the service to perform the repair for In-Warranty devices.

For repairs that are Out-of-Warranty, our Authorized Service Centre will determine the repair required and contact you with a repair quote and you will pay the service centre directly. In certain circumstances, an inspection fee may apply for any refused repair quotations.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Which phone & One UI version do you have?

But I've never, ever had this problem with any Samsung phone.

If this is still happening after a factory reset, then I'd suggest that you take the phone to an authorised Samsung service center, it's not normal. 

oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note

don't take the phone to a repair center before you can know or  have an idea of  what is behind the constant reboots.

is it a hardware defect or a software error?

this way you can avoid being at the mercy of the repair technicians.

generate a bug report.

https://developer.android.com/studio/debug/bug-report

the report should provide you with clues.

0 Likes