Original topic:

The Note 20 feels like a slap in the face

(Topic created on: 08-05-2020 08:59 PM)
JohnH
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy Note
The Note 20 is insulting. The more I watch videos on it and see people talking about it, the more frustrated I get. First of all, its expensive. It is in the category of top tier premium smartphones. 

Why is it priced as a premium smartphone, minus the premium smartphone features? 

Plastic back. 60hz display. Downgraded cameras. What the hell? 

Is anyone else not pissed about this? I'm rethinking what my next smartphone will be after today's stream, not gonna lie, because charging such a high price for such an average phone is just wrong. 

I dont understand how you guys went from making the S10 and Note 10 line both so cohesive, with each level sharing the main headlining features such as powershare, the upgraded primary camera and ultra wide lens, and hole punch, to the mess of flagships this year being the S20 line and Note 20 line, all having different cameras, different designs, different displays, and different build materials. 

Anyways, seeing how many people were commenting positively about the keynoye makes me think im gonna be mostly by myself for this opinion. But anyways, sort out your phones samsung. Your entire 2020 lineup is a huge disappointment. 
28 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Your trade-in point would work if Sammy USA, Europe... just everywhere basically, didn't offer extremely more decent trade-in offers (still remember that 400USD value for any broken device. Sammy.ca won't give you a cent by comparison). And IIRC, Microsoft Canada offered 1000$ for a Note9 trade-in if you pre-ordered the Note10+. How was a third-party able to pull this off? They have to make 2x the money after all, unlike Samsung itself, which doesn't have the same overheads.
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
People have a right to **bleep** pick or criticize, if people dont have good criticism, change will not happen for the better. Maybe the Z Fold 2 needs to become the new Note
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
All of apple devices break the bank? Really? They just launched the SE, which has a processor that outperforms most Android flagships. The iPhone 11 has one of the best smartphone cameras, same processor as the 11 pro, and 6 years of support for 1099 CAD. Rumors are saying that the base iPhone 12 will have an OLED display and cost the same as the 11.

I loved the e series. I dont understand why samsung didn't make an S20e. It was the perfect mix of compromise and premium, but it doesn't exist in 2020 so that argument doesn't really work sadly.

Samsung has top end premium devices that start at 1300CAD, mid range devices that top out at 549CAD, and then a mess of power end devices. They don't have anything in between the midrange phones and the flagships. Apple is controlling the premium midrange market which samsung dipped their toes into with the S10e, a phone which I bought, and then decided to ditch that market altogether in 2020.

Lately apple seems so much more appealing. iOS is getting alot of the best Android features in ios 14, and Apple is doing a really good job at making sure their base flagship keeps the flagship features, but sheds the extra stuff to keep the price down. This is why I'm so upset with samsung right now. I was really excited for the Note 20 to cost around 1000 dollars, but instead its 1400.
0 Likes
Kananan18
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
I feel like it's still a good phone. it just took what the s20 ultra and made it more refined to save battery life. thats why the adaptive refresh rate and smaller battery. but totally agreed a little disappointed
0 Likes
Mark1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
when is the next update for s8+. My last update is March, 2020. I thought they were supposed to be quarterly now, but it has been 5 months.
0 Likes
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
I got to play with both devices today at the Samsung experience store, the Note felt like the Galaxy Alpha , back piece actually felt better than I expected
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi thebigguy86, Thanks for visiting our experience store and sharing the feedback on the new launch.

0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy Note
Ive owned plastic samsung phones in the past, and i can only assume the matte plastic on the note 20 feels better than the glossy plastic of other phones. The issue I have is that the note 20 costs 1399, and is plastic. Many people have said that the satin finished glass on the ultra looks, and feels alot better than the regular note 20.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi JohnH,
With a specially reinforced Polycarbonate material that provides the portability without compromising on durability, Galaxy Note20 is the ultimate phone for the practical use with a premium look design. Galaxy Note20 provides with a special treatment, a brand new, textured haze effect that cuts down on fingerprints and smudges.

0 Likes