Original topic:

WEIRD BLOTCH

(Topic created on: 10-18-2021 01:12 PM)
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi! Supposedly, my Note 10+ has built-in screen protection of "scratch proof" Gorilla glass-not so! Last Xmas I noticed small scratches appear and thought to get another screen protector on top (was apprehensive about the liquid) and ordered from *Best Buy. Did appear that it would NOT FIT properly with the curves, so I returned it! Regretfully, I have not received returned $$. (*See Marketplace's recent article in Best Buy :( ) Soooo, I have no new glass on top & small scratches are more now. However, recently, a new blotch has appeared on my screen that is baffling to me: it's not a result from any incidents (I have dropped my phone, prior to this blotch, TBH, but my case protected it and there was no damage). I never have liquid near my device and it's in a protected bag if I'm out in the elements. This 'blotch' is about 1-1.5" mid to lower section of my screen. I ONLY clean it with eye glass cleaner and a microfibre cloth, so I'm BAFFLED how/why... It appears 'etched' as my S-pen first not scroll smoothly on my this area! My phone is out of warranty, so I will NOT be taking it to a Samsung service centre. Any ideas other to than the obvious? Cheers
11 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Could you please share the pictures of the issue?

GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Oh I thought I replied but it posted as a post above..🙄 please give a look when you can, thank you! 🌹
0 Likes
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
for ANOTHER 'look' ...
☹️Screenshot_20211021-105856_Gallery_10653.jpgScreenshot_20211021-110416_Gallery_10657.jpgScreenshot_20211021-110241_Gallery_10656.jpg
0 Likes
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hi Georgine. Thank you for your interest! I have now examined this with a jeweller's loop! It still appears to be that it's an 'etched' blotch, however, there's a couple spots that are flaking away like some substance was spilled on it, but unsure it's a substance or glass itself! 😬 How can this be?! This gorilla Glass is supposed to be 'scratch' proof, however, as I mentioned before, I've ONLY used eyeglass cleaner on my screen with microfibre cloths!! (My father was an optometrist so I KNOW to use this, not Windex or other materials...) I'm STILL paying for this phone (on a fixed budget) and I tried to get another screen protector (last Christmas BEFORE anything happened!!) that wasn't going to fit properly & sent it back with NO refund given to me! 😭
So what next? I am VERY unimpressed with this glass! (And, but trip mention, I'm OCD so this IS 'bothering' me and 'unsettling'! 🥺☹️
(I took pictures with my tablet that have not 'synced'!😑 I will be back shortly!)
0 Likes
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Hope these help!
(The sales rep when I purchased at The Source in Dec. '19, was 'shifty' and very eager. I was upgraded both my phone (fr S9) & my husband's... He rushed us through stuff and helped OTHER customers while mine was having data transferred which he used a horrible cable for and took 3 hours!! He also removed all *protective coverings that phone came with, and even though I WANTED the aura version, I received the black one instead, with no explanation... (*incl. the tablet he sold me that has battery that doesn't keep a charge and gets very HOT☹️). Then Covid happened so I could not go back to the store...Screenshot_20211021-105856_Gallery_10653.jpgScreenshot_20211021-110241_Gallery_10656.jpgScreenshot_20211021-110040_Gallery_10655.jpgScreenshot_20211021-110416_Gallery_10657.jpg
0 Likes
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I should also mention my husband went through cardiac surgery the year prior '18 and my mother had passed away prior to this, so my state of mind was befuddled and with everything taking longer than expected hour, we both felt unwell and wanted to leave! (My photos from my S9 did NOT transfer, either, so I LOST all pics of my mother+ that were on this phone!!😭
THIS was the first time I EVER had such an AWFUL experience upgrading to a new phone...I feel I was taken advantage...I will NEVER shop there again, btw!
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, Once everything is backed up on Samsung Cloud, restoring your data is simple. You can even transfer it to another device using the Restore feature by performing these steps on the new device.

1. From Settings, tap Accounts and backup, and then tap Restore data under Samsung Cloud.

2. Select your desired device from the drop-down at the top, and then select the content you want to restore.

3. Next, tap Restore. If needed, follow the on-screen instructions to download your backup data.

Note: You cannot use this method on a computer.

0 Likes
GoldieR
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
Georgine-What does your post here have to do with the glass on my screen??!? 😳Maybe you thought to be helpful regarding data, HOWEVER, my post is about the glass looking as though it's etched although no substances other than eye glass cleaner (from the optometrist) has 'touched' it! 😑Please respond appropriately to my photos you requested. Thank you & Have a nice day🌹
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, we request you to contact service center to get the screen fixed or if you have Care+ plan then please contact them to avail it.

0 Likes