Original topic:

Adding a payment card to Galaxy Watch6

(Topic created on: 12-08-2023 01:45 PM)
DarrellM
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello
I added a debit card to my Wallet on my S23 Ultra and it works fine. However, I find that, when attempting to add it to my Watch6 Classic, the "Add payment cards" feature says that there are "No cards available". What might I be missing? 
0 Likes
9 Comments
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Did you actually add your debit card to Samsung Wallet or Google Wallet and vs versa which are you trying to add on the Watch, which Wallet are you using. Details to make pudding.
0 Likes
DarrellM
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I've added my debit card to my phone and it works fine. I just can't add it to my watch.
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Samsung wallet takes debit cards on your mobile but for some reason, it doesn't on the watch. Only credit cards
DarrellM
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Really? That's quite disappointing. Thanks for your response.
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Strange thr guide attached in my previous reply states debit or credit cards. Do you have documentation from Samsung otherwise?
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
You haven't attached any guide and I don't need any documentation from Samsung.

I have set up my Samsung wallet on my phone and added my debit card with no issues. Upon trying to set up my wallet on my watch, it says to continue on phone, which I do and there's no cards available.

Searching online myself and many other Canadians are experiencing the same issue. Some say that they have chatted with Samsung and Samsung is apparently working on making debit cards work on the watch.

Of course, it all depends on the bank. I'm speaking from personal experience with my TD card.

Luckily it is supposed on google wallet so that's what I use now.
0 Likes
Day_Walker
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I said in my precious reply. All you had to do was look at my previous post. I thought it was in this thread.

But I'll post it again.

It specifically states Debit and Credit Cards using Samsung Wallet. Maybe the method or steps differ to get it working.

I asked for documentation because if it doesn't work for you or for a few others - doesn't mean it is possible, yet probably the direction or method needs to be changed. Sorry, but that's the tech support in me thinking this through, and why would documentation specific to the Galaxy 6 for Canada state otherwise? I got this source by searching the Supooet tab in the Members app, and I'm signed in using my only account, which is Camadian.

Strange how there isn't a LOT of threads on this particular issue, so I'm skeptical.1702090821588.jpg
0 Likes
DarrellM
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hmm. So, Google Wallet works on both the phone and the watch? I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes, at least for TD bank it does.

I'm not sure about other banks
0 Likes