Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Android 11 Easter egg.

(Topic created on: 03-12-2021 06:14 PM)
AG10
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Why I am not able to get the cat game in Samsung S10 after the android 11, One UI 3.0 Update?. Anyone else facing this problem?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
you can't get the cat game with Samsung's device
Follow this link :
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/android-11-easter-egg/td-p/9003240

View solution in context

Solution
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@vic20's answer
There is a workaround for Samsung. You need to use a launcher that is capable of creating shortcuts that can link to settings, etc.

In my case, I have Nova Launcher Prime and may vary depending on the launcher used. In Nova Launcher add a widget.

- For luring out and feeding the cat: Select Activities Shortcut > Android R Easter Egg (with sub text .neko.NekoLockedActivity).

- For viewing the cats you caught: Select Activities Shortcut > Android R Easter Egg (with sub text .neko.Nekoland).

Just remember to always click on the shortcut to feed after each cat shows up. That's it. :)

View solution in context

6 Comments
Solution
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
you can't get the cat game with Samsung's device
Follow this link :
https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/android-11-easter-egg/td-p/9003240
AG10
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
It used to have before the new One UI update!!
0 Likes
AG10
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks for the link👍
Solution
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
@vic20's answer
There is a workaround for Samsung. You need to use a launcher that is capable of creating shortcuts that can link to settings, etc.

In my case, I have Nova Launcher Prime and may vary depending on the launcher used. In Nova Launcher add a widget.

- For luring out and feeding the cat: Select Activities Shortcut > Android R Easter Egg (with sub text .neko.NekoLockedActivity).

- For viewing the cats you caught: Select Activities Shortcut > Android R Easter Egg (with sub text .neko.Nekoland).

Just remember to always click on the shortcut to feed after each cat shows up. That's it. :)
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks, Cassidy for sharing the information and helping our Community Members.

@AG10, Please follow the instructions provided by Cassidy.

Machew
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I managed to access it without downloading anything else or using any work arounds.

Follow the usual steps to access the Easter Egg: Settings> About Phone> Software Information. Keep tapping "Android Version: 11" then keep swiping the circle clockwise, past ten so that "11".

Go back to home screen, swipe down from the top and press "Devices". Then click the three dots then "Manage Apps". Select "Cat Controls" and tick all three options - "Water Bubbler", "Food Bowl" and "Toy".

Now for the part I couldn't find online - Once you've ticked those three boxes, go back to "Manage Apps" and press back again to return to the devices screen. On the left of the "Devices" screen you should see a drop-down list. Select the drop-down arrow and you should see "Cat Controls". Press "Cat Controls" and the game will open. Swipe the "Water Bubbler" icon from left to right to fill it, select the "Food Bowl" to fill it and do the same with "Toy".

If you select "Settings" while you have the cat game open you can choose to have the game running while your phone is locked. Leave the game to run and you should start receiving notifications of any cats you attract.

This has worked for me, my partner and step-daughter, who all have different samsung models (but all android 11) and it's working fine.