Original topic:

Blue light filter randomly turns off on S9+

(Topic created on: 06-07-2019 06:42 AM)
blademagic
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,

I was redirected here from the US forum, so I'll paste my original post below.

"I recently bought a galaxy s9+, and a really annoying bug is that when I turn on the blue light filter, sometimes it just turns off by itself. I have the schedule set so that it turns on automatically at 12 pm, and turns off at 6:45 am. However, sometimes I am in the dark and turn it on manually. It would randomly turn off even while I'm in the middle of using my phone! Just now, I forced it on again after it turned off by itself, and literally 4 seconds later it shut off again. What is going on with this? I've attached a screenshot of my phone jnfo. Please help me figure this out."

I've tried clearing the cache, but that did not work. Is this a bug? I've attached a screenshot of my phone specs.Screenshot_20190605-181116_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy S
If you have an app that is boosting the brightness - ie: YouTube - It's going to turn off the Blue Light Filter - Settings - Display - Video Enhancer
0 Likes
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hi Shaggy, thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I already had video enhancer turned off since I got the phone.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Can you post a screen shot your Blue Light Settings as you see in the screen shot?
0 Likes
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

For some reason, I can't seem to attach photos on either my phone or Chrome using the photos option, so I'll link the screenshot It is essentially the same as yours though. https://imgur.com/a/HDH8CuO 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
And Date & Time is using Network Provided? Are you also using Night Mode on a schedule?

If you're using the Samsung Members android app - You just click on the paperclip 📎 to add pictures
0 Likes
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I didn't know about the members app. I downloaded it and I can't even find my own post... I've just been replying on chrome on my phone, and I am clicking the icon labeled images that looked like a camera, but it doesn't work. Anyway, yes, date and time is automatic, and night mode I have set to ON, not on a schedule.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Try this - Settings - Apps - Three Dot Menu Top Right - Show System Apps - Scroll down (or search for) to Blue Light Filter - Storage & Clear Cache & Data for Blue Light Filter 🤞🐧
See if this resolves the problem 🙂
0 Likes
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Unfortunately, that's the first thing that I tried from my previous thread in the US forum, and it didn't work. This is like one of those minor inconveniences that just gets annoying over time, and it doesn't seem like there's any fix for it :(

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well - The only other thing I can think of is - Backup your device with Smart Switch - Factory Reset - If that doesn't fix the issue as your Settings look to be correct - Then unless there's some app you installed that's running in the background - I can't think of anything else... 🤙🐧
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Wait a second - I never loo at the Model number before - Yours is the International Exynos variant - Is your device Rooted?
0 Likes