Original topic:

Blue light filter randomly turns off on S9+

(Topic created on: 06-07-2019 06:42 AM)
blademagic
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,

I was redirected here from the US forum, so I'll paste my original post below.

"I recently bought a galaxy s9+, and a really annoying bug is that when I turn on the blue light filter, sometimes it just turns off by itself. I have the schedule set so that it turns on automatically at 12 pm, and turns off at 6:45 am. However, sometimes I am in the dark and turn it on manually. It would randomly turn off even while I'm in the middle of using my phone! Just now, I forced it on again after it turned off by itself, and literally 4 seconds later it shut off again. What is going on with this? I've attached a screenshot of my phone jnfo. Please help me figure this out."

I've tried clearing the cache, but that did not work. Is this a bug? I've attached a screenshot of my phone specs.Screenshot_20190605-181116_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
24 Comments
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

It isn't rooted, and I've only been running stock OneUI. I've only had it for about a month, and I bought it new from Amazon Canada.

I might have to try a factory reset... I don't think I have any apps that are interfering, as I only have some games, productivity apps, and that's about it. I've disabled everything that I don't use already too.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well - If the Blue Light Filter issue is bothering you - Factory Reset your device - I can't think of anything else to try.
0 Likes
blademagic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Yep I will do that some time and update this thread if it solves anything. Thank you so much for your help.

Galaxy S
No worries & good luck 🤞
0 Likes
toxicskin
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I have the exact same problem... have you found a solution yet?
0 Likes