Original topic:

Delivery report

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 02:44 PM)
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Hi all.. can anyone tell me how to get rid of the "delivery report"? I get one after every text and it's driving me crazy!
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi ajDilligaf, I suggest you try the stickers by going to the galaxy store and pick the sticker pack of your choice.

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
HiYa Keegan. I've gotten stickers from the store, but guess 🤷 duh suits me.. they don't show up in the messages app. Have to use the sticker app and use 1 at a time, or, I'm doing something wrong, again, or, I'm choosing the wrong pack! Perhaps I just have to live 😔 with things as they are, or change phones!
Among other things, my Members app has stopped notifications!! ugh
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi again, I will try to help you with all the issues.

Try clearing cache for your keyboard applications and see if the downloaded stickers show up. For the issue of the delivery report, I think there is something wrong from the carrier's end. So please reach them get back to us with their response.

About the notifications, Make sure you have the "Show notification" enabled in the app notification settings of Samsung members application.

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Keagan.. notifications are on, have always been on, this phone has always done just what it wants to!! Most annoying 🙄. The stickers are a "try it out" deal, and they weren't on my phone very long after I downloaded them that's for sure! I haven't cleared my cache yet, but will right now. I also haven't downloaded the latest update yet.. perhaps they're giving these things back?!? yeah, right! That has to wait, as I live in the country and get better service if I go into town! Will keep plugging away tho, many thanks 😊
0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Keagan, me again! Okay, I'm at a loss with clearing the cache.. I can't find, not even with a search, on how to do it! I know I'm bugging you a lot today, but I do try hard, perhaps 😏 too hit and miss!? I don't know why my phone does all these things, why things don't work, why things disappear! I understand and deal with the cache on my computer but, just can't seem to get there on this phone! Anyway, that's about where I'm at I'm afraid 😨
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi ajDilligaf, I am happy to help you. As you said that you haven't installed the update, I suggest you to do an update and it probably clears all the issue. 

Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps. It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.

From "Settings", swipe to and tap "Apps". Select the app you want to clear. Tap "Storage", and then tap "Clear cache".

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I will do Keagan, and again, many thanks!
0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Keagan, Hi! Well, that was another Duh! moment for me.. storage > cache.. makes perfect sense now that I've seen it. I've done it, but that didn't change anything I'm afraid. I will clear everything I use now as it is good for this thing anyway, but the update does have to wait until I go to town for stronger service.. when I try here, the 'remaining time' for the download rises, not decreases! But I can't thank you enough for all your help. I'll be back and let you know if that does it! ♡
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi ajDilligaf,

Sorry to know that didn't help. Let us know once the problem got resolved.

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Keagan, hi! Didn't want you to think I've forgotten to get back to you, but I've not been into town to do the update(s) as yet. I will do it, however, I'm not convinced that it will correct anything.. my phone always does its own thing. As you can see from this shot, I should not get delivery reports, but it sends them anyway!! Anyhoo, just thought I'd check in! Hope all is well.
0 Likes