Original topic:

DeX - OneUI 2.5: Calendar / clock

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 02:21 AM)
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
In DeX up to 2.1 you could click on the time/date in the lower right of the task bar and get quick access to the calendar (just like on Windows). This is gone in DeX in OneUI 2.5.

Huge step backward in usability and a pretty nonsensical thing to remove. I hope it comes back soon and was simply removed by mistake. 

Makes me concerned to see what other steps backward were taken in DeX on 2.5... 
6 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi nickthaskater,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We will take it as feedback and will forward your suggestion to the concerned team for further review.

AlexNote8
Beginner Level 1
Galaxy S

It's been over 3 years, has this issue ever been officially looked at or has Samsung completely abandoned it's legacy users?

0 Likes
oogie
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Totally agree! I had a Note 8 and Dex Station for 3 years and loved the old taskbar with the expanding arrow. I now hate having to add actual icons to the bottom of the page. Extremely messy! Black and white small icons at the bottom right was perfect! Don't date and time always go together?!? So silly to have to click on Calendar icon to know what day it is. 2.5 is not an improvement at all!
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thanks for your support! I actually find myself using DeX less as a result because it just frustrates me to use it now with such a clunky UI.
0 Likes
oogie
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I've only owned 1 device since Dex (no tablet, no laptop, no desktop). I rely solely on Dex so I you can say I am very annoyed to say the least having to 'relearn' this new clunky UI.
nickthaskater
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I was making the jump to purely a DeX workflow but these poor design choices with OneUI 2.5 put me off that I'm using my Microsoft Surface again more and more. Sad, as I was very much enjoying my DeX-based daily setup until these silly changes.